RG320PG-P1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320PG-P1

Purchased from: Used

I play mainly metal and hard rock. And this guitar suits that style of music really well. I'm using it with a Peavey Vypyr 75 watt. Not noisy at all even on high gain settings. This guitar can handle Blues, Rock, Pop, Jazz and Metal(for which it was made) very well.. Overall, this guitar is really versatile for most of generes.

I play Metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer. Rock like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai. And this guitar handles those styles pretty well with the stock pickups. I've been playin since last 3 years and own another local made guitar called GIVSON(gibson copy anyone will tell) which is a strat. And I haven't touched that guitar after buying the Ibanez. If it were stolen, I would definately buy another Ibanez RG just because this model has been discontinued. Overall, This guitar is really a great guitar for the price. It can handle plenty of generes really well and is quite durable too.

I have gigged with this Beast for 3 times and it never failed to perform live. The hardware is quite ok type. I'm willing to change the stock pickups to Seymour duncans. It doesn't mean that the stock pickups sound shit. I'm gonna change the straplocks too, because one day I was playing and the guitar fell down on the floor. Now it has a tiny dent on it. But that's not affecting the tone and playability of the guitar. Overall, this guitar is really durable and it will last really long. The paper top graphic is nice, but I can't say anything about how lond will it last. Would I use it live without a backup..?? NO ONE on this earth would ever like to perform with a Floyd rose-style guitar without a backup. So i always take a backup guitar with me.

I bought it used from my friend who worked in a local music shop as a guitar technician. So the action was perfect, with no buzz at any fret. He had adjusted the pickups correctly. He had used the guitar for just 8 months. So the condition was mint. and I got a Beta-aivin HM-200 heavy metal distortion pedal and a Flight case for free :-) All in all, this purchase was literally a steal.

I'm not really sure about the year it was made in. But its made in Indonasia. Features are: 24 Frets Wizard II thin maple neck by Ibanez. Basswood body, Maple neck. Paper graphics on the front. RG style body. Edge III tremolo by Ibanez INF4 and INF3 passive pickups 1 volume, 1 tone, a 5 way pickup selector. I purchased it from my friend with a set of allen keys, Flight case, strap with it