RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

Purchased from: www.musiciansfriend.com

I like to play more rock and metal and this guitar coupled with my new amp, and my Boss MT2 Distortion Pedal suits my needs. It has an outstanding tone as most Ibanez guitars do. Its nice because it can go from very bright sounding or all the way down to chunky distorted kind of sound. I don't get much feedback but I'm not sure if that's because of my pedal, amp, of the RG.

Great value. Hard to buy this quality tone for this low of price. If you're thinking about a lower priced RG, this is the one to get.

Not too long ago, I had a problem with the assembly that the 1/4" gauge cable is plugged into. The screws that hold it in came stripped and messed up. I went to ace hardware and bought some wood putty for about $2 and it made it as solid as a rock again. I don't know if that was a factory defect or the shipping conditions made the wood come loose or something but it was VERY easy to fix without any side effects (since its now wood, they can still be screwed out). I've never heard of this happening with anybody else so I think it was just me. Also my strap sometimes falls off but it's because my strap isn't the best.

The finish is beautiful. I have the Royal Blue finished RG. Every picture I've seen on the internet looks more darker bluish like different. The action seemed a bit low moving from a BC Rich Warlock to this one but that's because the BC Rich's action is way high. The fit of this guitar is outstanding. The body is like molded to fit your's when you sit down with it. The side part of the body is slanted inwards for your chest and the corner is slanted for your arm.

I purchase this guitar about a month ago with a Marshall MG15 Amp. It features dual Ibanez humbucker pickups, a volume knob, a tone knob, and a 5-way pickup Switch. The tuners are more dark silver and looks quite nice. It has 24 jumbo frets. It would be nice, but the tuners are non-locking.