RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

Purchased from: Musicians Discount

The sound was ok, not terible for stock pickups but nothing great either. If you like metal, put a Seymore Duncan Invader in the bridge, after I did that, holy crap this thing screams! This guitar should have come stock with this pickup.

Overall it's great, for the price you can't beat it. If you're looking for a cheaper guitar to upgrade, I highlly recomend this one. If you're just starting out and like most of us, on a tight budget, this is a good choice. Or if you're like me, been playing a while, looking for a guitar you can take to the shows and not be affraid it's gonna get scratched, so you can leave your expensive axe safe at home, this is a good choice.

I've giged with it, I've recorded with it, it's withstood the hurricane of sweat and spilled beer, it's still goin strong. I do plan to upgrade the tuners sometime in the near future, nothing wrong with the ones that come on it, I'm just spoiled on sperzels.

For the money you can't buy a better playing guitar, the action is great. I found no visible flaws, the fretwork is pretty good, nothing compared to my Carvin but then again that's a big price difference. Much better fretwork than any other guitar in this price range though.

This is your basic fixed bridge two humbucker guitar, one volume one tone knob. Everything you need, no crap you don't need.