RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

Purchased from: Samedaymusic.com

Now for the personal stuff. I play mostly classic rock, metal and '60s folk music (I know they are ond different ends, but hey, I like it), and it really suits it for all. I don't like the high end of thsi guitar, but makes up for it in its low end. It works well with my distortion, but still sounds good clean, if you find the right tone fiddling the tone controls and pickup selector which hepls me out with playing Lamb Of God one minute and Bob Dylan the next. Overall not bad, but there are better sounding guitars out there for around the same price. Also, I recomend replacing the stock pickups with some better ones (plans in near future), but the stocks are still okay.

As I said, I play classic rock, thrash and death metal, and '60s folk music, and it can do it all, with the right tone. I have been playing for about 6 months, but have practiced fro at least 2 hours eachday, if not more. I use on a simple 15 watt Crate amp and Line 6 distortion pedal. If somebody stole it, I would have to kill somebody, but I would save up to buy a better one, probably a BC Rich Platinum Pro Beast, but Ibanez is still a good brand, and I could buy another one. I like it, but I really want a beast, but that is still personal.

It is very reliable. I have palyed it at my school for a project, and was just fine. As I said before it is freakin' toughf, and will last damn near anything. I could depend on this thing (just not my skill) anywhere, with not wearing out or getting dull after hour and hour of use.

It was put together very well. I don't seeing me haveing to do any repairs to it in the future because of its construction. It is also simple, a guitar you can just pick up and play, unlike some other more expensive guitars that are not mush better than this one. I mean it came 100% clean of any damage, and will stay that way due to its strength.

The guitar is brand new, and made in Indonisia. Not the greatest place to build a guitar, but what are you going to do? It is solid wood with stained mohagany color (also comes in black and navy blue) and a Strat-like design. The metal is a crome gunmetal grey, and it has a maple fretboard with 24 frets. The body is made out of basswood, but is real solid. It has a Wizard II neck, which is thiner than their other versions. It has active dual pickups with humbuckers, a pickup Switch, a volume and tone control, and has stock tuners and pickups.