RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

Purchased from: SamAsh

I play anything from punk to metal, and this guitar handles it with ease. If I want to play some fast Green Day just use the bridge pickup. Some Metallica, neck pickup. I use it through a Marshall MG15, and it sounds great through that.

Like I said, I play hard rock, metal, and punk, and I can play them all on this guitar. If some ass stole mine, I would hunt him down and kill him, and take my guitar back. But if I couldn't find him I'd buy a new one for sure. I like the overall feel of this guitar. It's light and flexible. When I was buying this, I was comparing it to an Epiphone Les Paul Special and some ESP. But I got this one over all of them.

If I threw this thing out my window (although I never would) it would still play like new. I've dropped it, smashed it into my wall, and it still plays like nothing ever happened. Haven't had any problems with the strap buttons. I would put my life on this guitar. I'll gig with it any day without a backup, because I don't need one, and I don't have enough money for a backup.

The action for me was perfect, I didn't have to change it at all. The finish is beautiful. I could stare at it for days. The one and only problem I have had with this guitar is the screws holding the pickups in position. They seem to come loose very fast and often. It's a pain in the ass to fix, but other than that, it's awesome.

I bought this as a step up from a Squier Strat, and is definitely a good upgrade. I got the black RG321 and it looks awesome. It has a volume knob, 5-way pickup selector and one tone knob cause you don't need two. The dual pickups are pretty nice, but have flaws.