RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

The humbuckers are amazing. They respond well to pinch harmonics, have a lot of punch to power chords and basic shredding as well. Has a lot of warmth to the tone thanks to the mahogany body, and amazing clarity thanks to the great stock pick-ups. When I played Symphony Of Destruction and Master Of Puppets, it almost sounded exactly the same as if Kirk Hammet or James Hetfield/Dave Mustaine had played it. I played it through a Cube 60, which is an amazing metal amp.

I play thrash metal. The 321MH was perfectly suited for it. I've been playing for 10 months, and in March 20th it will be exactly 1 year. If I bought this, I would use this as my main axe. If it was stolen, I would buy another one, and hunt down the thief. What I love about it the most is the mahogany body. It sounds so warm, so full of tone. I tried this out along with the main contender of this price range: the Schecter Omen 6. The Omen lost to the RG.

I only tried this axe out, so I wouldn't know how it would work while gigging. The finish seems to be directly painted onto the actual wood, and Mahogany is a very hard wood, so most likely the finish won't come off within a month of playing.

The action was very very good. I had no problem adjusting to the action of the RG. It alowed me to play fast. The pickups I had no problems with. No flaws, but I didn't buy this axe. I only tried it out. However, the neck humbucker was a bit loose, but then again, I tried it out, so it could've been already like that. I didn't use the neck humbucker, so I don't know if that affected the tone.

Mahogany body, amazing Wizard II neck, dual very hot stock humbuckers, and a fixed bridge. 1 volume and 1 tone knob. Nothing you don't need.

OttovanZanten
    It costs 300 in a shop in my neighboorhoud... the GRG270 costs 260, wich is better? I saw the GRG270 for 300-500 on the internet, and the RG321 for 230-270
    Nemesis_brood
    Well, it's your choice, but you get what you pay for. Those are both great guitars but I would go with the GRG270 because of the locking tuners. But if your not picky about this I would go with the RG321 because there is absolutly no buzz. (the GRG270 has a middle single coil pickup.)
    OttovanZanten
    "I was comparing it to an Epiphone Les Paul Special and some ESP. But I got this one over all of them." Epiphone Les Paul Special is a crappy startersguitar (that costs 180 in a stor near my home) not worht comparing, lol Nemesis_brood, tnx for the advice I think i'm going to buy this guitar
    OttovanZanten
    Me again = I bought it, just tested it for an hour or 2 and it rocks (but im still a beginner, so i wouldn't hear if it sucked badly) cost me 299 euro's wich is about... 372.281 dollars (according to XE.com) (Guitars are expensive in holland =(=P)