RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

I got this guitar about 2 days ago, and I really like the sound, I played it acoustically for the first day since I have no amp yet. It sounds really good unplugged. I played it thru an amp yesterday it was some Peavey half stack. The guitar sounds really good, through it. I didn't use any FX so I don't know about them. The guitar isnt really noisy, sometimes when the volume is too high with the treble and bass setting pretty high theres some feedback, but otherwise its realyl good. The guitar suits my music tastes well. I play rock/hard rock/metal kinda music so it's really good. It can make a lot of different varieties of sounds, so it is pretty versatile for every genre.

This guitar is a good match for me, I studied different guitars before I bought this thing, and this was the best. I have been playing for 2 years, and this is my first electric guitar. I wish that I would have gotten the guitar set up before it got it because there are not music shops near me. If this was stolen, I would cry a lot, and then go an hunt down that asshole Who took my pride and joy. I would defenately buy this guitar again. I love the finish, and the easy playable neck of it. The only thing I hate is the fret-buzz, even though its not very big. I only own a Raimundo spanish guitar, and some no name acoustic, soon to own a Vox AD50VT. I chose this guitar because it was in my price range, and it seemed the best choice for me overall. The only thing I wish it had would be a tremolo. I kinda want to do all those dive-bombs and stuff. Awesome guitar none-the-less.

This guitar would and will withstand live playing, the hardware and strap buttons are solid as stone. I can depend on it without a backup (I don't have another guitar so). Anyway if I had another guitar I would take it to have a backup, but still this guitar is solid. The finish seems nice, and that it would last a while. Even though there was a small chip on the wood.

The guitar was set up OK in the factory. There were a couple of things to be mentioned that werent so good: the action. It was a bit too low, because there was some fret-buzz on the guitar, now I highered it and it sounds good. The pickups were good, nothing bad to be said. The guitar came to me in good shape except the pickup switch only goes 4 ways even though its supposed to be a 5-way switch. There was a small tiny tiny chip in the wood, but it doesn't really show.

This guitar is an Ibanez RG321MH in the royal blue finish. It was made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets, the neck is maple with rosewood fretboard, the neck is a Wizard II, it's really fast and thin. The body is a Super-Strat shape made of mahogany with a weathered finish. It has a fixed bridge with string-thru body stringing. The pickups are a set of two humbuckers; Ibanez Infinity 3, and 4, and there is a 5-way pickup switch, and one volume and tone knob. The tuners are some Ibanez standard ones I'm not sure. When I bought this, there was no accessories included.

Tom6190
    I have seen this and a SA120 both for 185 (around 342 dollars) Which one is better? Thanks in advance!
    OttovanZanten
    Tom6190, I actually like the SA120 a lot too, in local stores here the SA120 costs more, and i think it is better, atleast the neck felt better to me, did not properly test it. duggyrocks, It shows the bridge humbucker and half of the neck humbucker, hm.. the 'frames' around the humbuckers are chrome on my guitar, maybe cus i have the black version that no1 likes except for me
    im_atheist
    why have so many people said its made from basswood when the site says "mahogany"
    jim142
    great guitar for the price ! i also like the black version since thats the colour i have lol