RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

I play a variety of styles of music from RHCP, punk, classic rock, acoustic, but my main style is metal and that is what this guitar is made for. I'm Using a Roland Cube 30 and this guitar sounds great through it, I can play crunchy rythm through the neck pickup and fast riffs and lead through the brigde pup. The Mahogany body gives a deeper fuller sound than my other guitar and so is great for metal. but it can get the soft sounds needed for RHCP (Under the bridge style) music.

I play mainly metal and this is perfect for me, but it is also versatile enough to allow for other styles, although it was made for metal and that's wot I give it. If this guitar was stolen I would go straight out and get another or if I had more money go for another RG maybe a Prestige? But I just ove it, it looks great, it looks metal, but it wont look odd if your playing other styles that's the beauty of the superstrat, I was comparing this guitar with the Epiphone G-400 and not only did this guitar blow it out of the water in playability it was also 40 quid cheaper, so it was the easiest decision of my life. There's nothing else I could have hoped for considering the price, it is the best guitar in it's range and rivals guitars quite a bit more expensive than it. If you are looking for a second guitar look no further or if you are a metalhead with experience you could take this beauty and kit it out with some sweet pups and your all set.

This guitar will certainly withstand live playing, it's built to last, the strap buttons seem strong altho you might want to put locking ones on if you playin metal and jupin around, you know the drill. I could definitely take this with me without a backup if I was gigging, the finish seems like it aint goin to wear down anytime soon so that's good.

This guitar came to me perfectly set up, the guitar was in tune and had pretty good set of strings on it, the pups are in the right place although the bridge pup seemed kind of loose? The action on the guitar is the lowest I have ever had, my fingers just fly round and withthe help of the jumbo frets it's feels effortless. The tuners seem fine, no problems. but overall a superblt finished guitar! out of the box and ready to play no setup required.

OttovanZanten
    beauty of this guitar compared to GRG's, because it doesn't have the single coil it has 1 option the others don't have, u can connect the neck humbucker parallel (instead of serial) wich gives you a much nicer sound on clean, after about 9 months of playing with SCREAMING distortion, i realise there's more then that =P But if u buy 1 of the GRG's u have a singlecoil, mayB that gives a nice clean sound to, but u don't have to buy a GRG becus of the single coil for nice cleans, cus this 1 can sound like a single coil 2
    Spit it out
    im thinking of getting this guitar and it looks perfect for me, but as for the humbuckers i was thinking about changing them for EMG's 81 and 85, would this be worth it. p.s i play mainly slipknot style stuff...
    secret sauce
    im_atheist : why have so many people said its made from basswood when the site says "mahogany"
    the Rg321 is basswood. the rg321mh is mahogany.
    tlfdfirefighter
    most every reveiw that I have read says this guitar is atleast a 9 out of 10 or above...for the price Ibanez won't let you down. I gauruntee you this guitar will beat other prices for the quality...
    » Declan «
    the Rg321 is basswood. the rg321mh is mahogany.
    Sorry to ask, but i just started guitar and i'm curious to whether basswood better then mahogany or mahogany better then basswood and what is the difference? Thanks.
    Hey...i wonder if i play Red hot chilis,Nirvana,HIM,Slipkn ot would this guitar fit to me?