RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

Purchased from: www.guitarampkeyboard.com

Perfect for me, seeing as I play random stuff, metal to Indie to punk to classic rock. Used it with a Line 6 Spider 2 (not mine thank cheesus) and it played sweet, the pickups are better than the Ibanez V7, V8 that came with it on an earlier version. The 5-way switch gives a nice range so you can play stuff out of Fear Factory all the way to The Libertines without the purists shouting at you.

Now I have to admit I've only been able to compare it to a Epiphone SG G400 but seeing as it's in the same kind of price range (the Epiphone being 50 more though) I would deffinitely choose the Ibanez. By the way, the royal blue finish looks nothing like the pictures on the internet. It's more of a cameleon paint job with a green and blue mix with a bit of sparkle. Very nice with the gunmetal blue hardware! I know a guy Who's owned several $1500+ guitars and after buying this one, he's sticking to it! Great guitar, couldn't ask for more.

Although I don't plan on playing this thing Live anytime soon, looks to be able to cope with it. In fact if anyone's looking for a cheap back up guitar that you know will work when you plug in the lead, this the ones for you. The first thing I noticed about this guitar as I picked it up was it's weight. Quite a lot heaver than an SG which may mean it's a bit more tiring to play standing up. The tone tone nob nearst to the neck loos a little bit fragile on the tip of one of the top cutaway though but I doubt you'll be giving it that much abuse.

Very well adjusted except for very buzzy low E but nothing a bit of adjustment can change. No need to arrange the truss rod! The finish, nothing to say. Perfect, surprisingly so I mean christ this guitar competes with Squier's? Hell If I didn't know any better I would have put a price tag of 300 based on the quality. No scratches no sketchy drilling no excess glue wire filled perfectly everything is smooth. I was only surprised to hear a sound of something loose that was wondering around somewhere. It was where the wiring is and basically was just wire insulator tube. Thanks to that I even set my eyes on some very nice soldering. I do a fair bit in college myself and apart from a bit of molten insulator (nothing wire exposing) I thought the job was beyond my expectations. Even the zip tie that ties all the wires together was nicely cut! The cover for this though was a little funky, the edges could have been filed down a bit for example.

There are 24 Jumbo frets, the body is mahogany, the nec is the 3pc Wizard II neck, there's a 5-way selector with tone + volume knobs, the pickups include INF3 (neck H), INF4 (bridge H. The electronics are passive, the tuners are Standard (very smooth). The accessories: cable, sticker, 2 allen keys (for truss rod and action configuration).