RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

Purchased from: Leitz Music

I play alot of metal and hardcore punk. This Ibanez definitely suits my playing. The amp I use with it is an Ibanez 65w X Tone Blaster with a DigiTech RP500 multi-effects processor. Using the Rp500 mainly for flanger, chorus, reverb, and wah effects, the amps tones fit my guitars tones perfectly. The versatility of the RG321 is impressive.

It is a great guitar for a great price. It's great for most styles of music, in my opinion. I would definitely buy a replacement if this guitar were stolen. I compared it to my previous guitars and I enjoy this one much better. It's tone and varying capabilities will make it that much more a worth while guitar.

For the most aprt, this is a well built guitar. I haven't had any problems playing live. It was able to withstand me jamming it uncontrollably during practice every week so it has reliability. All but in the amp jack. The amp jack fell out, the nut fell loose. I just went down to the shop and bought a tiny replacement piece for like 50 cents, but none the less a small problem.

The action is comfortable to me, probably because I prefer Ibanez styles. But compared to my old guitar, Epiphone Les Paul Special II, the action is much easier to get used to. The finish is beautiful. I have the Weathered Black finish and it still shines as beautifully as the day I got it.

I got this guitar for Christmas 2009, so I've had it for about 5 months now. I've got to say, it's my favorite guitar that I've played. It has 24 Jumbo frets, 25-1/2" scale, 3-piece maple neck, Mahogany body, Bound rosewood fingerboard, passive electronics, a volume and tone knob, 5-way pick-up selector, two INF(3 & 4) Humbuckers, with non-locking tuners.