RG321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321

Purchased from: Musicians friend.

The guitar by itself resonates superbly, making every note I play came out alive. The fun starts when I plug this baby, notes are complex and have sustain, but the thing is that it really gets muddy with high gain distortion settings. Pickups: While maintaining a very bassy punch, the midrange response was cut out, a con for those who like to actually hear themselves through the mix. They are noisy and hard to get used to, even when using clean settings, you can hear the mud I'm talking about. I'm using my Line 6 spider IV 120 amp with it and I can get any sound I can imagine from it. From bluesy, jazz chorus stuff, to deathcore, doom metal grind with the right settings. All in all, the guitar itself sounds amazing, the pickups lack a lot.

I play every style of music you can think of, mostly all shades of metal and occasional jazz jams. And this beauty can handle it very well. I bought it to be my first 7 string and get into the groove aswell, having in mind that I will also need a pickup change. Currently I have a friend of mine install a pair of blackouts on it and it screams METAL all the way but also whispers jazz along the trails. I absolutely love every aspect of it, the well build, the solid feel, the extra thin neck, the jumbo frets, the basic controls, even the tuners where above average. Not to mention the sexy looks this one has, slim body with the classic RG curved style creating a devilish looking 7string. All in all, great guitar for recording, live performance uses, just change the pickups and it will perform like a champ.

YouTube preview picture

I can trust my live performances on this axe anyday without even worrying about anything. Its built like a thank, I have hit so many things with it while being onstage and getting really pumped and only a few scratches show up. The hardware seems like it will last forever, the strap buttons a pretty average so I change them to straplocks. The finish is here to last, the more I play this thing, the more it shines, really. Its my main Axe on live shows and in studio, I depend on her so much that I no longer have to bring a backup guitar to the gigs anymore.

This is where the level ups begins, action And intonation where perfect from factory, even the pickups where in the right place. The only thing I would change is the distance from the volume control to the bridge, I feel its pretty close to it and I keep hitting it every time I'm soloing in the high register. Other than that, the neck joint where it meets the body, was INCREDIBLE, performing even better than some set necks I own, it just feels natural and resonates so well. Mine came with no visible flaws (thank god).

Actually I have the 7 string version Made in 2010 in Japan. 4 frets, 25.5 neck scale, pretty damn fast neck profile and really good grip. Basswood body, mine came with a black glossy finish, really neat. Gibraltar style bridge, 2 humbucker Ibz pickups (which I don't really love). 1 volume 1 tone, 3 way selector switch. I went so many times to the store just to try it out and see if it was the right guitar for me to fill my needs that I became friends with the guys at MF. The day on which I decided to finally purchase it The guys at MF included me a cable, a tuner, a strap and a pair of tortex aswell, really nice dudes.

Way Cool JR.
    Please stop attaching videos that are not made by the person reviewing the guitar. The review is for a 7 string and the video is a 6 string. If the video is not made by the reviewer it has no business being in their review. Is it UG attaching them or the reviewer?