RG321MH review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321MH

Purchased from: Guitar Source

I generally play metal and blues-styled songs. It fits both of these amazingly. I've always been extremely pleased with the flexibility of Ibanez guitars. The 5-way selector adds even more to this. The bridge pickup works perfectly for rectified or blues if you turn down the tone a bit. The neck the setting one away from bridge increases pinch harmonics without you even trying. It's great. I run it through a Roland Cube 30 and sometimes through a DigiTech RP100 straight through my speakers or computer. It is never noisy in the wrong ways. Limited feedback, almost no fret buzz. Nearly perfect. The sound is rich and full if you want it to be. Can be a bit weak when the tone is turned down but, that makes sense. Extremely bright sound on the bridge pickup. That pickup is hot.

Amazing for the price. 9/10, and only for the slight rusted pickups.

This guitar will definitely withstand Live playing. I've given this guitar hell and nothing wrong with it yet. The hardware seems sturdy and doesn't budge. Strap buttons have never given me problems, perfectly in place. I can absolutely depend on it and would go without a backup to a gig or show. The finish will last, in fact it's one of my favorite parts of it. Unlike the cheaper Ibanez models (GRX20, great guitar, cheap finish) the finish will last.

This guitar was set up great at the factory, however the pickups I received had a little bit of rust on them. I have no idea if that was the store I bought them from or Ibanez. The pickups were fine. Not too low, not too high. I didn't have to touch 'em. No flaws on this guitar except for the rust and after I hit it on my friend's metal screen door, then there was a minor dent.

The first thing I love about this guitar, 34 frets. I just can't Live with 22 frets, it's impossible. The frets are "jumbo" although I've never had otherwise, so I cannot compare them to the other style. The neck is a Wizard II made of Rosewood, which has great playability because your fretting hand is able to move and slide quite easily. The body of this guitar is made of mahogany. I absolutely adore this. This makes the guitar extremely light, and gives it a very resonate sound. The RG321MH is Strat-styled with a fixed bridge. The body is sting-thru, which I'm used to but some people might not like. There are two knobs (one for volume, one for tone) that are just plain silver, with no big abnoxious numbers, which I enjoy, but others might find a hassle to find where they had their tone set. It compensates with a 5-way selector, with each selection sounding much different from the next. The guitar has humbuckers with an INF3 Neck Pickup, and INF4 Bridge. No included accessories.