RG321MH review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321MH

Purchased from: Turnkey, London

It's perfect for my music, which is mainly rock and metal. I use it with various overdrive/distortion pedals through a Crate head and 4X12 cab and I get a monster sound! There's no nasty noises, feedback at loud volumes is fairl good, but I use feedback a bit in my songs anyway, so it's easy to control. It's got a quite bright sound, rather than fat and warm, but the sound is consistent and clear. You can get some lovely ringing chords using an overdrive, which are clear and bright. However, for full on riffage and power chords, you can't beat it!

Basically, I love this guitar! It's given me a great overall impression of Ibanez as a whole and I'd definitely buy more from themif I had the money. I saw this guitar on-line before I bought it and fell in love with the style and looks, but tried it out in the shop, just bashing out riffs for about 30 minutes, before haggling the price! I think you can get these for 180 now! That's unbelievable! Now I wish thay made the same guitar with just one humbucker then I'd get one of them! Basically, you've gotta get an RG321MH. I'll try the 7-string model next.

I use it all the time Live, as I've said. It's dependable and reliable. I've had to tighten up the nut on the jack socket and the volume pot, as they came a bit loose, but that's not bad considering the use it gets! I always take a backup guitar to gigs, mainly so I can swap over if I break a string. Nothing else I own comes close though, apart from maybe my PRS, but I've tuned that down to Drop C! But the pickups are more powerful than any of my other guitars!

This one of only two of my guitars (I have 6) that came perfectly set up from the shop! The action is perfect for my style and everything feels right. I think I tweaked the intonation a little, but apart from that, all I do is change strings and then play! It's a comfortable guitar to play and looks the business! The binding on the neck is great and I love the 'grainy' finish of the body! The only slight problem on the whole guitar is the volume pot. It works, but it isn't a gradual drop in volume. It drops off a bit, then goes completely quiet, with a gradual decrease. But, I've got used to it and that alone will not stop it being my main live guitar!

I got this beast less than a year ago and already it's my guitar of choice for Live work! The finish is basic, no frills and it's easy to keep clean. The neck is wide and flat and easy to play and I'm a fan of the 'Strat' style fixed bridges. The tuners are easy to us and the tuning is very stable, even after 40-minutes thrashing at a gig! The pickup selection is a bit odd and to be honest I only really use the bridge humbucker and occasionally the tapped single at the bridge. They're Ibanez INF pickups and they are the most awesome things I've heard! I swear they're more powerful than the EMG-81 on my Jackson!

White Pony
    "The first thing I love about this guitar, 34 frets" Yeah that would be a nice guitar... Otherwise good review
    geluidsterroris
    The first thing I love about this guitar, 34 frets. I just can't Live with 22 frets, it's impossible.
    ibryant0915
    yeah I noticed that right after I posted it but... apparently there's no way to edit a review.
    Cog
    Whiskky wrote: If I change pickups, I will still be able to use all the 5 pickup switches, right?
    as long as the new pickups are wired in exactly the same way as the originals, because this guitar has coil taps you will need to make sure you buy replacement pickups that have a four conductor wire
    ISM
    I've got a RG370DX but the tremelo is giving me hell so I'm gonna get this; seems cool - I want a RGT6EXFX but thats loadsa money lol. MVL.
    gconry18
    Strange that mine only has 24 frets thought... who did u sleep with to get the extra 10? lol. Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park also uses this guitar.
    Whiskky
    Just a little question, that may actually newbish... If I change pickups, I will still be able to use all the 5 pickup switches, right?
    Runow
    I guess i have changed my mind. I'll get this one instead of a GRG. It's not much more expensive than it and this review sounds really promising...