RG321MH review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321MH

Purchased from: Jam Studios

This has a great simple metal feel that most of my other guitars lack, and because it has not single coil in the middle, it's great for rhythm work. Plus, the neck pickup is crunchy and plays most kinds of metal with ease. While it's not a lot compared to my other RG, its simplicity is a virtue in this case. It has very little feedback, with a crunchy tone, and through my DigiTech pedal, it's a monster.

On this guitar, I play mostly metal and hardcore. it's a perfect match, and doesnt't let the Ibanez family down. I own a Taylor 910, a PRS 513, a PRS Paul Allender Signature, a Gretsch White Falcon, an Ibanez RG1520G, a Taylor OMC16WE, and a Maton EM225C, and it's the pure rock simplicity that I needed. I wish I had asked if they would throw in some strings for free, but oh well. The only thing I hate about it is the wearing off black chrome finish. I compared it to a Cort Evl (cant remember the model number), and this was he better guitar. The Cort had EMGs, but it didn't have the simplicity I was looking for. If this guitar was stolen, I might make a bit more of an investment and buy a guitar with EMGs and a Floyd Rose, but this suits my needs just as well. A great buy.

Its very durable, and has become my backup guitar (over a PRS 513, which isn't a mean feat) in my metal band. I fling it around and headbang all day, and there's no dents. But on the other hand, the weathered paint job means that the paint is removed easily. Other than that, the strap buttons are solid, but it is always advisable to use strap locks if you intend on playing Live. I would't use any guitar without a backup, and this is no exception.

The action could have been lower. Much lower. And the strings were much too heavy a gauge to be playable when it comes to EADGBE lead playing. other than that, the black chrome finish was wearing off on the hardware, there was a minor tilt to the bridge pickup and the strings were rusted. Other than these things, everything else is solid.

This guitar was made in 2006, in Indonesia. It has 24 Jumbo frets, with a mahogany body, Wizard II maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has a supoer-Strat body style, with a weathered black finish. It has a fixed string thru body bridge, two volume knobs (which are wired in series, meaning you might as well have only one) a 5 way selector, passsive pickups with INF3 in the neck position, and INF4 in the bridge position. No name Ibanez tuners. It came with a hard case, strap, picks and a lead.

Cog
    one of them is a tone knob, not volume
    sebaluengo
    i'm thinking in buy this guitar but this has a fixed bridge so i'm thinking to buy an grg370 fm what do you think about the edge 3 bridge? greetings
    hauntthesky
    I bought one loved it, sold it in time of need. now im going to buy another! this guitar is ****ing exellent.
    smokin_joe
    Cog wrote: one of them is a tone knob, not volume
    The wiring was screwed on mine.
    leviticus_22953
    i own one. great for the money. i got it as a graduation gift and it is my main guitar up to now. i love the fixed bridge since it stays in tune, unlike my other guitar with a tremolo.the infinity pickups are great. the only thing i don't like is the tarnished chrome hardware...anyway, its a great guitar..
    leviticus_22953