RG321MH review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321MH

Purchased from: Audiophile Components (Philippines)

I play mostly rock, sometimes a little bit of metal and it suits my style perfectly. I plug it in a Marshall MG50DFX and it sounds great. I love the combination of the Marshall MG and my Ibanez RG. I use mostly the overdrive channel on my amp and sometimes the clean and effects. On the clean channel, I get a really clean bright sound in the bridge position of my pickup, although I prefer the bassy sound of the neck pickup. On the overdrive channel, I get a fat crunchy sound in the bridge pickup. It has a really good sustain and I can do a lot of pinch harmonics. It is very versatile for me because it sounds good on clean and better on overdrive.

My main genre is rock and this guitar is a great match for it. I have been playing for about 3 years and this guitar fits my style. I have a Marshall MG50DFX, Fernando GX-20R, Ibanez AEG8NT, and a Fernando electric guitar (Jackson copy). My Ibanez beats my Fernando in terms of sound quality, workmanship, playability and sustain. I want a guitar to be simple yet aggressive and the RG321MH fits the description.I love the pickups especially the INF3 neck pickup. I love it's weathered finish and Wizard II neck. The only thing I hate are the tuners. I think I'll replace it with locking tuners sometime this year. I chose this over the Ibanez RG370DX and the GRG270 because of the simplicity of the fixed bridge and the weathered finish. I definitely recommend this guitar. If it were lost, I would definitely fall to pieces and buy another one. If it were stolen, I would hunt down the thief and beat the hell out of him. Over-all, a very great guitar.

This guitar would definitely withstand Live playing. I have gigged it for a couple of times and it is my main guitar up to now. The hardware will last but I suggest replacing the tuners with locking tuners for tuning stability. I bought this guitar for its finish, although it is pretty easy to wear off with lots of playing. I've had this guitar for nearly a year and the finish has started to wear off in the edges. The worn finish gives it a somewhat Vintage look. The strap buttons are solid. I have no plans of putting strap locks in it. The good hardware and nice finish will definitely withstand Live playing.

When I bought it at the shop, is was properly set up. the action was alright but I told the guitar technician to lower it. The neck was in perfect condition, including the fret wires. The fret wires were filed perfectly with no sharp edges. The pickup height is okay and I haven't adjusted it up to now. No tuners were loose. No scratches or dents when I bought it. The finish was sweet! I love the weathered black finish. I chose this guitar over the other Ibanez guitars because of the finish. The only downside of the guitar is that the hardware has tarnished and the bridge pickup is not properly aligned. Other than that, everything else was perfect.

My Ibanez RG321MH was made in Indonesia in 2007. It has 25 jumbo frets and a 25.5" scale. It has a mahogany body with weathered black finish. It has a bolt-on 3 pc. Wizard II neck. The fixed bridge adds tuning stability. The RG321MH has INF3 (neck) and INF4 (bridge) pickups, which sound good either clean and distorted, with a 5-way selection. It has with no name Ibanez non-locking tuners. It came with a strap, manual and some tools.

Mickydoos
    Stupid question, which is better the rg321mh or the rgr321ex? im considering both, but seeing as one is mahoghany and the other is basswood as well as the pickup difference. Just wanna know if anyone has played both and got an opinion? =D cheers