RG321MH review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321MH

Purchased from: GM Music Cardiff

The sound is good but not excellent, you can still get a good sound out of them. I play mostly metal and blues. Pretty good for both and has some quite good bright clean tones in it. I am running it through a Line 6 Spider 3 30 watt, not the best amp in the world but it suits the Ibanez, not with the preset Insane tone though, if you want this guitar with the Line 6 change the Insane preset if your going to run it through that, But personally I play through the clean with a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, and with my customized tone with that it sounds great. However I am changing the pickups for a EMG 81/60 set. Simply because I want that better tone, but if your a beginner then the Inifinty pickups should get you by for the time being.

Good match for Metal but the guitar is a bit versatile so could play otherstyles but I'd advise buying this if your mainly a metal player with other genres taking 2nd place. Been playing for almost 6 years, Not the best guitar I've played but still very good for the value of money, If it was stolen I probablly wouldn't buy it again, because their are many other guitars out there that I'd love to have a go at. I love the Mahogany body as its very light unlike my jacksons, and the fact it stays in tune very well. Don't really like the pickups which is why I'm changing for the EMG 81/60. I would compare this to Say the Jackson JS30DK and Ibanez RGR321EX, I chose this basically because of the weight and suitable for my shredding style. Overall pretty good guitar, suitable for Beginngers to intermediate.

This guitar can with stand Live playing, but if your going to be playing the guitar for a long time standing up I suggest swapping the strap buttons as mine has fallen as I've been playing live, much to the amusement of my band. This thing stays in tune very well, even when de-tuned to the max. So i am very pleased with that as my previous Jackson kept slipping out of tune ALL THE TIME.

I bought this guitar from a shop so I don't really know what the factory set up was like as I made them set it up in the shop for no extra cost, they set it up perfectly but somehow couldnt tune it into Standard which I found quite amusing. So if your buying from the internet I can't help you. Bolt on neck

Black Finish, 24 Jumbo Frets, Non locking tuners, Ibanez' INF3 NPU and INF4 BPU Passive, 5 way selector, 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Thin wizard II neck. Mahogany body which is what the "MH" is for. String thru body and Bolt on neck but cut down so suitable for shredding those lead notes.