RG321MH review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG321MH

Purchased from: Ebay Uk

I play Metal, pure and simple through a Blackstar HT Club 40, I don't use any distortion pedals as the overdrive on my amp is plenty! The pickups sound great, there is a slight hum but that is to be expected. The mahogany body gives a rich warm tone which compliments the pickups well. This guitar isn't very versatile but then how many people buy an Ibanez to play Jazz? This guitar plays metal brilliantly, the pickups handle drop tunings which is important to me as my band play in Drop B.

This guitar is great if you play metal! I've been playing eight years now and I've owned mainly Les Paul's, SG's and at one point a Jackson V. This guitar really holds its own, I am really impressed with the quality for the price that I bought it. If it was stolen, I'd cry in a corner mourning the loss of a wonderful instrument. Seriously though, I would get this guitar again! I love the neck as it plays very fast which is perfect for shredding. I also love how light it is, I honestly couldn't believe how light it was for a mahogany bodied guitar. I recommend this guitar to any metal heads, the new and the experienced!

This guitar can withstand a beating! The hardware will last a long time unless of course you try to damage it. The strap buttons seem pretty solid and I trust them enough not to use strap locks. I'd never gig without a backup due to my band playing in a number of tunings but if I had to I know that I could rely on this guitar. I think the finish will last, almost seven years from the factory and the paint is only slightly worn.

I got the guitar from eBay so I can't comment how it came from the factory but when I got it the seller had set up the action perfectly, nice and low. The pickups are at the perfect height and I won't need to do any adjusting! The finish on this guitar is gorgeous, the satin is really sexy! There are a few scratches but I can only imagine that it was the owner before me being careless! Everything works as it should, the tuners, knobs and pickup selector aren't wobbly.

I believe this guitar was built in Indonesia in 2005. It has 24 Jumbo frets and a Ibanez Wizard II neck (25.52"). The neck is 3 piece maple and the body the guitar has a mahogany body. The finish on my guitar is a weathered black satin finish. The pups in this guitar are Ibanez INF3 in the neck and INF4 in the bridge. The guitar has one volume pot and one tone pot. The tuners are Ibanez tuners.

evileenz
    got one ordered and it should be home within a month. I love the simplicity of this guitar compared to my other guitars. (tremolo bridges) An SD jb for bridge and a SD 59 in the neck, groover tuners and an extra tone knob and brass nut.
    evileenz
    Well got the guitar home and still have much work to do to it...Neck has been sanded at the heel so it now sits level with the body,(this kind of work should be done at the factory) the gibralter bridge has been routed into the body, Now plays like a dream ,refinish the paintwork, replace nut, tuners and pick ups and this will be a nice guitar.
    janarumo
    I acquired one of these 10 months ago, mahogany finish, seymour duncan distortion pups. stays in tune, sounds incredible for the $200 i payed for it, even through a 15 watt line 6 amp and a zoom g2.1 nu effect pedal.