RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: eBay

I like playing all sorts of stuff, mainly metal and rock, this guitar is excellent for metal, it has a really good sound to it, although I find it near impossible to get any AC/DC songs sounding right! I'm using a cheapie practice amp (10watt) still sound amazing, but obvouisly not as good as it could! There is a buzz to the single coil, which is hardly noticable at all while playing but when you tune your guitar with a digital tuner really screws it up if you use it (this can be avoided by simple switching it off). There is a really smooth flowing sound when changing notes and it's a great guitar for metal!

As I've said I play metal and rock and this seems prefect for these hard rock and metal! I've been playing for 6 months now, I own a pathetic 10watt amp (my pick's worth more) a cheapie multi effects (which I shall be upgrading) a wah-wah pedal and I use a silver pick (I prefer them). I wish I'd asked to play the guitar on a good amp so I could see what it's actuall capable of insted of wondering now! I love everything about this guitar except the hastle of re-tuning and when the string breaks because of pushing tremolo backwards! If this was stolenI would probably look for a diffrent model because I like change, but I don't think I'd better myself for the same money!

I haven't playied this guitar live yet, it been chucked around my room and wacked on my bed several times and still looks not a day older than when I bought it! The humbuckers seem a bit too wobbly but I've pulled them around and there not going anywhere fast! The strap buttons are rock solid and the whole thing is built like a tank! I would gig without a backup, but I can't really afford a backup so thats that! The finish is impecable, and I think I'll be needing a hammer and bolster to get the finish off!

Well I cannot fault the guitar really here, the whole thing seemed perfect, the action is low, there is no loose parts nor is there any noticibale flaws. The shark fin inlays are beautiful and the whole guitar seems so sleek and pretty like an angel or something, I love the pickguard and the contrasting black hardware it makes the guitar look amazing!

The same as the RG370DX but it's white and has a pickguard (also looks prettyier in my opinion) There's quite a few diffrences between the old and new RG350DX's mine is the newest 2005 model, made in Korea. It has 21 jumbo frets easy for soloing, the neck is a Wizard II which is really thin and also good for soling, the neck is bound rosewood with maple top! Body is basswood. The finish is pure white. It's the standard Ibanez styled body (slightly more pointy horns compared to Strat). The bridge is an Edge 3 system which holds tune for along time, the only problem I find with the edge 3 is that you can accidently make it go backwards making a string snap or something, which is slightly annoying when you get other people playing it who don't know this! Theres a cool black unlabelled volume and tone control and 5 way pickup selector which is rather useful! I have left the stock pickups in which are in HSH format neck humbucker-INF3, single coil-INFS3, bridge humbucker-INF4. Double locking tremolo is excellent for those who like to use the tremolo, I wasn't a big fan of tremolo's until I got this beauty though, it's extremly smooth although it swings freely which I like personally but I know others won't and there seems to be no way of changing this. I had a cool strap, lead, pick, and 2 sets of strings with my guitar.