RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Now, for the sound department it's a very nice sounding guitar with punchy fat distortion on the neck pickup which is great for the rhythm bit and great overall. As for the bridge pickup thouhg, it is much better suited for clean tones, it's crisp and clean, it's also good for solos on distortion. But the are only ok, I would recomend changing them if you play metal. I play some metal mostly classic rock (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Mettalica, and Van Halen) and some new music (Sum 41, Alice In Chains, Nirvana) and these pickups cover all of that music with great tone and crispness. This guitar is really great sounding, I love it.

Overall this is a perfect match for me with my love for classic rock. It's an amazing guitar and if it was stolen I would probably get this guitar again. I compared this guitar to many other guitars such as the S470 and RG2550E both from Ibanez, and ended up chosing this guitar because it was in my price range and I had heard great things about it. I wish it had some better pickups, but that's it. This guitar is a great buy for a beginer to intermediate, it has great sound, great look, and is easy to play, you won't be able to find anything better in this price range (except for a s--ty knockoff of some crappy guitar).

The guitar was pretty well put together, I only had a few problems with it. I ordered it in straight from the factory and was able to play it right away, however the action was very low and made that rattling sound as it hit off the further frets. But I took it back to the shop the next day and had it set up for free and they reset the action and showed me how to tune it correctly (it was my first whammy bar locking tuning nut guitar) it was really great. The pickups were perfect and everything worked great, however the didn't include the correct size of allen key, they gave me 2 but neither fit the locking nuts. There were no scratches in it, and no signs of mishandling or any flaws.

Juissi
    Thanks mate. I tested this guitar in a guitar shop and I really liked it's sound and especially it's price
    mr_j_o
    i own one. it it rocks. its destuctive. play some crazy licks and your ears might start bleeding. but like most everyone has stated for metal and hard rock it could benefit from different pickups
    undeadcrow
    I have a big dilema i will get a new guitar 4 chrismas i play any genre i like a guitar that sound very clean(on clean chanel of course) and brutaly distorded to play something like extreme metal and some nice heavy solos and im not sure of what guitar is better the dilema is between RG370DX And RG350DX whats better ?
    lew121
    I have a problem, my m8 says my RG350DX cannot go in Drop D tuning or other different tunings because of these springs i have in the back, can anyone help me out in tellin me if this is true or not?