RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

This guitar sounds perfect. It totally fits into my rock background. It's perfectly capable, and actually excels at, playing anyhting rock-and-roll. The Wizard-II neck also make it ideal for metal, and the humbuckers are a perfect complement. Surprisingly, this guitar plays some pretty mean blues. When I Switch to the middle-neck pickup, I get some awesome blues tones. I use it through a Line 6 Spider II 112 amp, which comes with some basic modelling. I can get just about any tone I want with this guitar. it produces a beautifully full, rich sound. The floyd rose allows for a huge variety of sounds.

A pretty good match for my music, as I said before, but I feel limited in that it is a straight-forward metal guitar. I don't play as much metal, so I am often seeking other tones. I've been playing for about six years now. I really wish I had known about how to use a floyd rose before I bought, but the new models don't even have those anymore. I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen (I would never lose it) because it is a beautiful insrtument to own, and I'm Super proud of it. Compared to other guitars of this type, like rg series guitars, shecters, or any of that ESP garbage, this gutiar stands out because of it's looks and playability. My favorite things about this guitar are the looks and the logo. The white with black accents makes this guitar stand out, while still being subtle, and the shark-tooth pearloid inlays are perfect complements to the color scheme. And just knowing that it's an Ibanez lets you know that it's a quality instrument for the price. I'd expect this to cost somewhere in the $600-$700 range compared to gutiars that I've played that are similar to it. This guitar is affordable to be a starter guitar, but it's good enough for you to keep for a lifetime. This thing is unreal.

Although I haven't given it many good runs playing Live, I am quite confident that it could go the distance. With the exception of that knob, I see no reason why any of the hardware should break. The strap buttons are solid, and I've never had the strap fall off before. The only reason I'd have a backup guitar at a show is beacuse I want the tone of that guitar. For no reason would I need a backup. The finish hasn't worn off at all, and still looks like new. It doesn't even seem to get fingerprints.

The only thing I regret about this guitar was that I tried to change the action myself. Only when I realized how inexperienced I was at this, did I realize how well the action was setup at the factory. It was perfect. I hadn't dealt with a floyd-rose before, so I had little idea what I was doing. The pickups were as good as you could expect. The only thing was that the tone knob is a little loose in its place, and wobbles, but it still works.

blind_melon1995
    i have one and its hard to tune, hard to keeep in tune, action cant be very low without horrible buzzing, but its not the worst guitar ive played. sounds good though
    High_o
    I have a problem, my m8 says my RG350DX cannot go in Drop D tuning or other different tunings because of these springs i have in the back, can anyone help me out in tellin me if this is true or not?
    thats not true, although you have to change the tension of the springs on the back or the trem will go all wonky