RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

The variety of sounds this guitar creats are realy useful. The five way switches combined with the tone and volume controles give many possibilitys. I play a lot of things, from clasical to metal and post-hardcore and this offers me the tone to suit all of these. The only thing it lacks is a realy warm tone. But a great thick tone, produced by using the neck humbucker with the tone down, compensates well. I use a Marshall stack on clean and an array of pedals. The Ibanez works well with all these: giving crushing crushing distortion when used with the MD-2 Mega Distortion and the bridge pickup; clear chorus, flange and delay; and, using the neck pickup split with the middle, has a wonderful chimeing and bright sound.

Great for even the low end pro's. With a bit of upgrading and customisation (EMG's or seymore duncans, hybrid guage strings ect) this could be a perfect guitar. great match for most music. On loosing this, apart from being pissed, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one. I love it's sexy looks: after going to buy the black RG350EX model I saw this and fell in love. It looks so sharp and intelligent. The wammy is amazing, reducing the strings to floppy metal does not affect the tuning at all! Soon I will go on to buy some new pickups to perfect this guitar. This gives me my perfect tone.

The RG350DX is a very sturdy guitar capabel of many Live songs without a single retune. Also with the ease that you can play it you wont want to change at all. All the hardware is sturdy and should last a very long time. I would gig without a backup for sure. partly because I cat afford one. But mostly bicause it is such a good guitar. The finish is strong enough to withstand a lot of thrashing and the added scratchplate, a big difference between its sisters (the RG370's), it is easy to clean and protect.

The low action combined with the jumbo frets make the strings on this guitar feel so natural. The pickups all have a good balenced output and are at just the right hight; they don't move around and are actualy quite styleish. All the cavitys were perfectly finished which always makes a guitar look better. This guitar had no flaws what'soeve when I got and, it has lasted very well since.

mark69
    I bought this guitar for like under 500 smackers which is awsome for a good ibanez. i love the way it sits on my lap and its great for playing live. Its slightly anoying having to tighten and losen the springs everytime i change tunings, but other then that, its a rockin guitar. If ur lookin for a good quality guitar, with the looks and sound, but dont want to spend to much money, this guitar will defenitly make u a happy person. I recomend getting the newer version, it looks much better and has an easy to remove whammy bar. all u have to do is slide it out and in (kinda like sex, lol) the old one is a screw in and its nice, but the new oe looks more sleak and sexier. Oh and theres one more thing ive noticed with this guiatr. if ur palm muting say the A string while playing chords on the other strings (D,G,B,E) like in the song bark at the moon, by Ozzy, u cant here the A note, like it doesnt pick it up, i fix this problem by lifting up the fingers ur using for the chord strings, each time u play the A note, confusing yes, but effective.Overlall this guitar will rock ur socks right off!