RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Mother's Music

I play everything rock and metal, '60s to now. I play it through a Peavey Bandit 212 and a Dimebag Wah pedal, so this guitar really fits my setup. There is a slight buzz on the single coil but it's not very noticeable and I rarely use it by itself. If you like playing Van Halen or Pantera pinch and natural harmonics are very easy to produce on this guitar.

Other than my used guitar experience, I am very impressed with this guitar, maybe I'm so impressed because my last guitar was a Peavey Raptor, but the RG350DX is very easy to play and fits my playing style very well. I have been playing for 3 years and I am very happy to upgrade to a premium style guitar for a very reasonable price. I would buy this guitar again if I were to lose it and may experiment with the many nice finishes, but I believe the white finish is one of the nicer ones. Overall I am very impressed.

Other than the bridge, I believe this guitar is very rugged and will last a long time. The humbuckers are pretty loose but shouldn't be a problem. The only problems I know I will have in the future is changing springs and the guitar going out of tune once in a while. I would only use a backup if the songs I played were in different tuning, as this guitar takes a bit longer to change tunings. I can tell the locking nuts will wear of paint and will strip, but they are minor repairs.

This is the first guitar I've used that has the Floyd Rose style bridge so tuning it took a second to get. It wouldn't have been so hard if the previous owner hadn't stretched out the springs, so after a quick switch of springs with my old guitar, my problem was fixed. I found that the tremolo claw screws had been stripped so someone had tried to fix it before me. Some of the hex key screws had been stripped a bit also. Though it was used, the finish and the rest of the hardware was flawless and the body was manufactured very professionally. The white finish is very different to me but very sexy.

I've been drooling over this guitar for about a month already. I bought it used in near mint shape as is with no extra gear included. Made in Indonesia it is a sexy Strat-like model. It is the white model with white pickguard and black hardware, shark tooth inlays, 24 jumbo frets, wizard II neck, rosewood fingerboard, INFS3 single coil, INF3 and INF4 humbuckers, 5 way selector, and Edge III bridge.

ffguitarist182
    I got this guitar for like 400 for Christmas, and I'm impressed although I broke a string and still am trying to figure out how to replace it. But that's my problem, not the guitar's.
    mister_crowley
    Wheyyy, I just bought the newer model with a maple neck. Fresh off the 2007 line. Yummy. Mines the RG350MDX though, subtle difference being the M in the code and the maple neck of course.
    Leeviva
    I got myself one of these babies today, and I gotta say that I'm impressed! I especially like the whammy system, you can play and do tricks with it all day long, and the guitar still stays in tune!
    Bille joe6
    I ownd this guitar for a week and almost trowed it back to the store. Its was problems after problems after problems!
    DavyH
    I fell in love with Ibanez after getting this guitar. No point in a full review, but some comments: This was straight from the factory and poorly set up - considering that it had to travel across the equator into a very dry African summer, I can't really blame the factory. Having to loosen the nut lock, stretch the strings, adjust the trem angle and whatnot was a worthwhile introduction to the Edge trem though. The allen keys were included. The trem arm seems to be under a workbench somewhere in Korea though. Another minor annoyance really. Pickups are OK, not great, action good, finish good. If you've got small hands like me, the neck is brillian. I can imagine gorilla-handed players would cramp up badly though. How much do I like it? Enough to go out and spend a small fortune on a Jem7VWH to see what Ibanez's top models are like. It was worth the extra cash. 'Nuff said. The 350 is a technical and fairly fragile guitar and unless you're careful with your equipment it's probably not going to be all that durable. If you are, though, it's a pretty rewarding playing experience.
    whitetoblack
    i play everything from blues to classic/modern rock...would like to know how this one figures....someone suggested all single coils...a strat maybe....need your opinions please...