RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: thomann.de

The sound: I play a broad range of styles with an MG30DFX (gettin rid of it soon:D) an Ibanez WD7 and DigiTech RP50.Really anything that I like I'll play, atthe moment I've been playing a lot of Iron Maiden and Dio and such like but I've gone through my prog rock phase and Blues phase and whatnot and this guitar has handled them all. When playing just the bridge pickup it's smooth yet sharp, that may have made no sense but it's true it's not grating but it's very trebly and great for solos and rythum, in fact I tend to use this for most of my playing as it's very responsive to pinch harmonics and such. The Middle pickup I don't use too much, not that it isnt great it's just I tend to use it for jimi hendrix and such, or when playing clean, it fits blues very well as does the bridge pickup. The bridge pickup is very bassy and again very smooth it's great for low gain settings with lots of bass. This guitar is general can play just about anything with the sheer selection from the 3 pickups. It's an all round guitar for those Who don't limit themselves to one style and for people Who want to experiment on a budget. The sound is great considering the price, the pickups are great but obviously not the best of the best, but for the money they deserve a 9.

I've had this guita for about 6 months now and I don't want to get rid of it. The wizard 2 neck is great. Of course it's isn't a perfect guitar but it's so amazing for the price and could easily be modded to anyones licking, for myself I'll probabley stock it with evolutions and a black scratchplate and the Trem is fine, I woudl have prefered a ZR trem like on most Ibanez S models but I have no problems with this one. I love the feel when I pick up this guitar, when I see it in my room I want to play it it's a beatiful guitar with sound to match. This guitar is for the budget guitarist Who wants someting that's amazing value for money, I've played guitars twice the price and always find myself saying, 'I prefer my neck,' or, 'Mine sounds better,' that is why I'm giving a high rating, sheer customer satisfaction.

I would play htis guitar without a backup, not just beacause I can't afford one but becasue I trust it. At one point the input came a little loose but I just screwed it back in and, well problem solved. Strap buttons are fine which was good becasue my last guitar's came out while I was playing and it very nearly dropped. I'm usually a very careful player and I love this guitar too much to do anything outrageously stupid but it has taken minor knocks but never has it been damaged so I'm very happy with the quality.

Beautiful, this guitar is gorgeous, the white is flawless and the pearloid scratch plate looks amazing, I'm thinking of changing for a black one but that's just personal preference. The saw tooth inlays are very cool and huge so you wont be looking for a fret. The action is great it's higher then I would usually have it but this was a blessing, the bends are great! So easy but still not so high that's it's noticable so it's just in the middle. This thing is beautiful and was a joy to play out of the box

This is the RG350DX by Ibanez 24 Fret wizard 2 maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard. H/S/H setup with INF3 neck pickup INFS3 in the middle and INF4 at the bridge with a 5-way selector tone and volume knobs. It features an Edge 3 locking tremelo and has a brilliant white finish, white pearloid scratchplate, basswood body and thus very light. There is nothing missing on this guitar when playing I never think, oh I wish I had this.