RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Tampereen Musiikki

The guitar is very good for rock and metal. I use it with a self-customed Ibanez amp. The 5-way switch makes my guitar playing so much easier and gives a large variety of sounds. The whammy-bar is extremely useful too. Sometimes, when playing quitly, you can hear a buzzing sound, but it doesn't really matter. To make things easy 'n' simple I'll just say: I love the sound of this guitar.

I play mostly rock through the '60s to the '90s, this is a great match for me. This is definately my best guitar (I have four), and if I'd break or lose this guitar etc. I'd get this one again. I love the 24 frets and thin neck, awesome for playing solo's. I just wish I'd be a better player, so I could take this guitar to it's limits.

If you want a cheapish, but still great guitar for gigs, this is the guitar you want to get. This guitar has never let me down, and it has been trough quite a lot. Actually, I haven't even had a backup guitar with me for most of my gigs, and I wasn't even nervous about it. Everything will definately last!

The guitar came nearly perfect out of the facory, the only irritating thing is that the locks at the end of the neck don't really work. The press the strings so that the tone goes up a step on some strings (or then I just haven't figured out how to use them correctly).

The Ibanez RG350DX that I own (later on just referred as "guitar"), was made in 2005. It has 24 frets, and the neck is rather thin. The neck is bound rosewood with a maple top, while the body is basswood. The body colour is white, neck colour black with white shark tooth inlays and it has a light, glittery pickguard. It has a wizard II neck, INFS3 single coil, INF3 and INF4 humbuckers, 5 way selector, and Edge III bridge. The guitar has one black, unlabeled volume control, and one unlabeled tone control. The guitar has a locking system, but I don't use it, because it doesn't work very well. It also has a whammy-bar.

MADSACK
    I own one! WOO-HOO! It's a piece of CRAP!!! Worst guitar on earth, it almost made me want to quit playing!
    solo_freak
    I own this guitar and it is amazing, its ideal for metal and hard rock. Like everyone says it needs better pickupss but im thinking of changing the ones on with dimarzio or seymour duncan
    garylad93
    im thinking of buying this guitar becuase i have an ibanez rg2550e (awesome awesome awesome), but its a real REAL hassle to keep tuning it up and down from and to drop d,(you know, with the floyd rose and all) so i want a guitar that i can keep downtuned. its an awesome pirice and it looks amazing, id say its probly jus as good as my prestige which i payed 600 for
    Zebrahead_SICK
    i love how this guitar looks and sounds. i like everything about it except the floyd. On my one, the floyd is not very effective and the guitar detunes a lot,however, im llokin into this to see if its the guitar or me doin sumit wrong.
    slettis
    I don't think to Egde III bridge keeps the tuning to well while using the whammy bar; or maybe I just need thicker strings or something. It think this guitar sound well, though I have som smaller problems with it. one of the pickups sometimes stops working, and after a couple of mounths one of the screws to the stringlock is already completely worn.
    Hanger 17
    can you chuck a set of active emg's in this thing without too many hastles? what other Ibanez's come in white? (apart from the jem)