RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: McNeil Music in bing. new york

The Ibanez RG350DX sounds great. even though it is made for screaming metal tones, if you put it on the bridge pickup the clean tones are really thick and powerful. For a little twangier tone I use just the single coil pickup. It sounds similar to a Stratocaster in that way. If you want the face melting metal tone, just flip down to the bridge pickup and your good to go. I'm using an old peavy amp until I get a new one, but I played it in the store with a peavy valveing and it sounds great. I'm sure this guitar would sound fine through any amp.

I play thrash/power/progressive/folk/viking/black/speed/melodic and symphonic metal (basically all types but that odd grindcore and nu metal and weird stuff like that). This guitar was built for metal! I've been playing for around 3 or 4 years and I loove this gutiar. My favorite feature is defiantly the double locking tremolo system. If it were lost or stolen I would replace it instantly. You cannot beat this guitar with anything in the price range, or even with more pricey guitars. I'd perfer this over some of jacksons models, most of the ESP guitars, and any Gibson or Fender guitar you could show me. I love this guitar, and overall I give the Ibanez RG350DX an 10 out of 10. As a side note, I discovered that once you are ready to use the tremolo arm, you must put it in and depress teh bar. this reveals a small allen wrench hole. You must take the smallest allen wrench you were given with the guitar and adjust the tension in the tremolo arms hole. If you don't it's kind of wobbly. I did this and it's perfectly stable. The only downside to doing this is that you must un tighten the arm if you wish to remove it. For some reason the arm is not snug unless you tighten it.

I've only had this guitar for a week or so, but to me it seems the reliability and durability will be fine. I can tell you that the strap pins are very solid and are above average. I have one of those levis straps and it fits it very snuggly. The finish on the Ibanez is very thick and the white doesn't show fingerprints at all. I bet that scratches wont even show up that much. But that's just a guess because as of now I have none. Anyway, I would gig without a backup any day. A very reliable guitar.

These guitars are set up great right out of the box. The finish of the guitar is fantastic and the black hardware on the white body with the white pearlaroid pick guard looks stunning. Trust me you guys it will blow your mind when you first see it. The pictures don't do it justice. As for the hardware, nothing is loose, all the tuners are fine, and the volume and tone knobs are perfect. The fretboard is great and the frets aren't sharp or anything. The inlays are just as beautiful. The only thing wrong with mine is that the e string and some of it's frets buzz a little. It can easily be fixed, and you normally don't even notice it, especially when your playing through teh amp. Also this guitar came with all the allen wrenches and tools that this kind of guitar would need. It also came with an extra cable, obviously the tremolo arm and an extra tremolo spring.

I gave this guitar a 10 for features because there inst really anything it's lacking in this area. It has 2 humbuckers, AND a single coil in teh middle. The RG350DX features a double locking floyd rose style tremolo system with a locking nut, so it stays in tune for a long time. I tune mine like once a week. Also I live the neck on this guitar. It's a 3 piece neck with jumbo frets, and it has some awesome inlays. For features, this guitar is fantastic.