RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Joondalup Music

I was amazed that the knob actually makes a huge difference. I'm a bass player so my first guitar, being a Bullet Squier, had absolutely no tone to it but this thing is amazing when paired with an effects pedal. I play mainly metalcore in drop c and this thing sounds awesome with my MT-2 pedal. Since I've had it I have also made a resolution to learn some Standard tuning stuff such as The Darkness (rock) and other chord progression stuff and it sounds really good too. I guess if you don't mind taking the time out to tune up (which takes really long on this thing), you can get the best of both.

For my metal needs, and even Standard, this guitar is awesome. I've been playing for two years now and I think of it as a worthy upgrade. I wish I had known more about the FLR style bridge, as I do change my tunings a lot! But hey, at leats you know now! Find out more about what it is your getting, and ask yourself if it's what you really want! If it was lost I would get one again! Although, maybe another guitar would be more practicle and easier to use for someone Who plays different tunings!

I think this guitar will last to my expectations although the bridge is going to be an issue. For those of you that aren't aware it comes with a floating (Edge III) bridge. It is made with cheaper materials and is therefore more likely to brake. For simplicity reasons thing of it as a spring, balanced by the tension of your strings. If you lower the tuning of one string, the others will go sharp to keep it equal. So, when tuning down, you must tune maybe 5 times over to get it right, and you have to adjust the tension in the springs at the back. Make sure your bridge is setup correctly at the shop, and this should save you much time! If your not going to be using the tremolo bar, but are going to be constantly changing tunings from Standard, drop-d, drop-c, bear in mind you must make adjustments, and ask yourself if it is worth your time and money. Why not go for a fixed bridge or a string thru. Then again if you rarely change your tunings, or don't mind taking half hour out to do so, then go for this great guitar!

Mine came with the action very low, although I wouldn't of had it any way. No scratches as of yet and it's still in "showroom" condition. Tuning pegs feel fine and the black hardware looks very classy. The scratch plate has nice pearloid finish to it. I can't find a fault with this guitar? Then again I have only had it for a couple of days now.