RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Trade

My musical style is quite varied, and this guitar often changes tunings (which is apparetnly risky for a lock trem but I've had no problems so far) these tunings are Drop C and Open C maj. As well as writiong my own progressive metal material, I play music such as Strapping Young Lad and Devin Townsend (hence the Open C tuning) and also stuff like Killswitch Engage and God Forbid. I was looking for a meaty, heavy sound and this didn't disapoint. My Set Up is: Marshall MG100DFX amp, DigiTech GNX 3 Multi effects, Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah, guitar. What really suprised me is that althoug I paid 500 for the 7 string, which was from a SHOP, this guitar, which has has 2 previous owners before me, in my pooinion, sounds better, and it's RRP is around 350. The clean tones also really impressed me, 1 place down from the neck pickup on the 5 way, and it gives me one of the nicest clean tones I've ever heard. These Sounds, along with very little (if any) background noise, gets it a definite 10 for tone.

I have played for mnearly 4 years. this guitar matches my music and me perfectly, it feels perfect. The guitar looks and sounds amazing, and if I lost it/had it stolen, if tracking down and seriously hurting the one responsible was not an option, than I would definately contemplate getting a new one. For anyone Who can afford it, and wants a killer looking and sounding rock/metal guitar, I say go for this, you wont be disappointed.

I have not gigged with this instrument, but I plan to do so soon, and I would trust it greatly. The strap buttons are solid, and for now I will have no choice but to gig without a backup, as the 7 is in Standard and I have no other electric, but I plan to get a Schecter 7 string with a fixed bridge, and that will probably become my main guitar, with this becoming a back up, or my main drop c guitar, whikle the Schecter remains in open C.

I wouldn't know about the guitar when it arrived from the factory, but it arrived to me with no strings on, which meant not only would I have to restring it, I would have to re-arrange the whole trem. With a LOT of help from a friend I managed this, and now it feels better and plays nicer, again, better than the 7.

I traded my Fender (Mexican) '60s classic series Strat for this with a friend, as I play metal and he plays Indie, and I needed a more beffy sound that the singlecoils could provide, and what inde guitar player would not want a Strat? Superstrat style, It has 24 frets, what I think is a Floyd Rose, though I'm not to sure, there is a 5 way selector Switch, tone and volume knob, two humbuckers and a singlecoil between them. the finsh is white with a pearl pickguard. The neck is very fast, but this being an Ibanez, that did not suprise me. I also own an Ibanez RG1527 7string, so I expected a fast, playable neck.

swiff4sony
    hi i will be going to buy this guitar in a couple of weeks apart from tuning (which i dont have a problem with)is there anything else i should know about i play all types of music from blues to metal im buying it becuase i think it would be different to my B.C rich beast so is there anything i should know??
    sevenchurches
    I haven't playied this guitar live yet, it been chucked around my room and wacked on my bed several times
    lol