RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Long Beach Music Shop

I play a lot of thrash, metal, and punk, and this guitar is sick for exactly that. I use a Fender Frontman 15G amp with an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah petal and an MXR DD-11 Tribute Dime Distortion petal as well, and all of it gives the Guitar an even better tone. The Distortion channel is amazing, it's powerful, and it gives your music just that extra edge it needs when it needs it. The clean channel gives off a bit of a buzz, but that's really about it. The guitar is basically a shredding machine, so use it with Metal and you won't regret it.

I have been playing about 2 years, and this guitar is just more than I could've asked for. I've played Fenders, Gibsons, ESPs, LTDs, B.C. Richs, as well as other Ibanez models, but this one is by far my favorite. There is nothing I regret not asking, and if somebody stole this, I would beat them to death with it and keep the blood on the guitar, just to prove a point.

I have played this guitar Live, and it is definitely reliable. I never use a backup with this thing because it has not failed me yet. The strap buttons are fine, and the finish will definitely last, as will the hardware. The guitar also of course looks beautiful, and people will surely gasp when they see you pull this baby out.

I haven't changed anything on this guitar, except I made the action a little lower and slightly adjusted the pickups, but that was all just to suit my style. This guitar is very well put together right out of the factory, the only thing I'm changing, and again this is just me, is I am putting Live USA pickups in mine, but these pickups are fine to just pickup and go. Nothing was faulty, although my tone-lok doesn't seem to do much to help me out, but that could just be mine.

This guitar has 24 frets, and features a Wizard neck with Jumbo Frets that make it most excellent for shredding. The body is I believe maple, the finish is pearl white with a white pickguard. It is a double cutaway body, with a Floyd Rose tremolo system. The electronics on it are active, and it has a 5 way selector, which is excellent. The pickups are all infinities, which in my opinion have a great tone, the distortion channel is powerful, although the clean channel does create buzzing on occasion. It has non-locking tuners, and has a tone-lok on it. It came with just the guitar, but that's all it needed to come with, becasue this guitar is brutal.

marmstrong923
    im thinking about buying one of these bad boys, should i?, i already have a tele and a strat!
    marmstrong923
    im thinking about buying one of these bad boys, i already have a tele and a strat and i want a more "rocky" guitar, should i?
    exzor
    hey guys so as dumb as i am is there a simple way to tune from E to drop D instead of tuning it over and over again ?