RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

I like progressive rock/metal. Bands like Pink Floyd and Dream Theater. If you are telling me that I should've bought a Fender, I would agree with you. But The thing I like about this guitar is that it has a fast neck. Very good for riffs and improvising. The single coil in the middle is noisy, I'm not kidding. But it has a good sound at clean. The bridge humbucker has a decent output, not that high, and the neck humbucker has a little less than the bridge humbuckers. I can hear a buzzing sound when I play on the neck pickup. The bridge is okay but I would like it to have more output. So basically I would replace all the pickups.

If it were stolen, I'd buy a more expensive Ibanez. Like those S Prestiges. Or I'd change the pickups and the bridge. I've been playing this guitar for a year now, and it was satisfing but not that impressive. This guitar attracts a lot of buyers because of its beauty. But before you buy it, check the neck and see if it's straight. Play the open E string and also the 12th fret on the E string and listen to the sound. You gotta make sure that your bridge is soild and durable.

Reliable and durable. This is not a Squier. You should trust Ibanez. Straps buttons solid, good hardware. You should gig with a backup, always. It's reliable. I dropped it a few times and nothing bad happened so I guess it's okay. Like I said, you should have a backup guitar all the time. The problem with the Floyd Rose system is that if you break a string, all other strings would go out of tune. So you're basically screwed if you were on stage.

The output jack is kinda loose, and the rest is perfect. The other problem is that the paint is kinda thin. One more thing I wanna add is that you gotta make sure the bridge (and the springs at the back) is good. It is very important! I believe the guitar is shipped from Indonesia, and I couldn't find any critical flaws. Everything seemed okay when I bought it and some problems came up after that but they were not important.

The guitar is made in Indonesia, not sure which year it was made but I'm guessing 2006. It has 24 jumbo frets good for rhythm. Smooth neck and beautiful body made from basswood. The body is pure white with a pickguard of pearl sparkles. The bridge is a Floyd Rose double locking system (Edge III is developed by Ibanez under Floyd Rose's permission). There are three springs on the back, which is very good and reliable. H/S/H pickups, passive, black coloured. It has one black volume knob and a tone knob and also a black 5 way pickup selector. The thing I like about this guitar is the colour contrast. It is very beautiful and stunning. The guitar came with some allan keys, and a spring. I would change the bridge to a original Floyd Rose.

M3T4L_H34D
    ibikinz wrote: Is this guitar any good for blues?
    People say ibanez is only good for metal but in my opinion I think it sounds great for blues.
    M3T4L_H34D
    marmstrong923 wrote: im thinking about buying one of these bad boys, should i?, i already have a tele and a strat!
    Yes I recommend you do. This guitar is a beauty and it sounds great too. I played this guitar for a long time at guitar center.
    chris70dx
    M3T4L_H34D
    chris70dx wrote: I got the Grg70dx, im a bit of a guitar noob. How do i work the tremolo? ive screwed it in but when i move it there's no change in pitch. also what strings are best to get with a guitar like this? because the stock ones are horrible (Grg70dx), one is broken and one makes a cringing ringing sound.
    Oh, on the tremolo your susposed to push in the whammy to change pitch and the best strings to get for any guitar are ernie ball strings! Hope I helped!
    KnorrV
    Yeah i use ernie balls too, now im saying that i was just about to replace them. They are real nice strings. Ive read this whole review thingy over and over again, and still can't make up my mind. I really like the looks on this one and i read alot of positive comments and alot of negative comments. I play anything metallica, ac/dc, firewind, the blues, clapton, hendrix, satriani, dream theather and stuff like that. Would this guitar suit me? BTW Leftintheleashes: please learn to build your comments and subject valid arguments :')
    KnorrV
    I forgot to mention this in the above comment, at the moment i play a Epiphone G-400 which was cutdown from 400 euro's to 250 euro's (550$ to 350$) due to a crack in the neck that was perfectly fixed ;.;