RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Turnkey

To me, it suits my music style perfectly, or any music style. I remember the minute I tried the guitar and turned it on distortion, it sounds aggressive (which is great for metal, but it also sounded nice and smooth on clean. It works great with any effect put on it, and not once did I get a annoying buzzing sound. The guitar's Floyd Rose enables it to be really tampered with(especially with the whammy bar) without going out of tune or breaking (make sure your guitar is set up though).

Out of any guitar I have played, this one has been the most reliable and nicest sounding. It's great for any kind of music and is very versatile. I have been playing for 4 years and in the first time, I have found a guitar that I really feel a bond with. If it was stolen, I would search for the robber and fight for it and if I failed, I would buy another one. I love everything about it, the only thing I dislike is restringing it, because unfortunately Floyd Rose guitar's are a pain in the rump to restring (or I might just be a bit stupid). I played my friends Gibson X-Plorer, and I have to say I preferred the RG. The RG felt light and energetic whereas the Gibson felt too thick and heavy. The RG is also very customisable (I gave mine a chrome gold scratchplate) enabling the change of pickups and so forth easy. It does not matter if you are a beginner or a pro, the RG350DX is built for any guitarist who loves music, and for 300, it is a right bargain!

From the experience this guitar has had live, I have had no problems whatsoever. The hardware works top notch, the Floyd Rose guarantees the guitar staying in tune, the strap buttons are solid but I strongly recommend you buy strap locks, whether your using a Squire or a Gibson. I would never use a backup guitar while using this one since it plays great at any song, and for a 300 guitar, it's very sturdy. The finish is laminated in such way that it will not easily wear off(unless of course you throw it around don't).

I am going to be honest, when the guitar came it was not properly set up on the bridge(unfortunately that's what you get for a 300 guitar made in Indonesia). The only little things that had to be fixed were on the bridge, intonation, right height etc. When I tried restringing it I had a lot of problems but then I realised the guitar just was not set up for the gage of strings I was using, that is not a set up problem, it is simply that depending on the strings you use, the guitar needs to be set up for it, so if you use heavy strings, ask the people at the shop to set up for it. Apart from the minor easy to fix problems, I see no others, as far as I know the guitar is flawless.

My RG was made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets(easy to play on), and a laminated body. The neck is a super thin basswood neck, and it's incredibly easy to move up and down it fast, so it's great for metal players. The finish is an attractive white, boosted with a futuristic looking Floyd Rose bridge(the heart of the RG). The pickups I got were passive, they are Infinity 2's and 3's which give it a good bite and a nice clean sound (I am going to get Active ones but to be honest the Infinity's are amazing already). The tuners are Floyd Rose and once locked stay in tune forever! The shop gave me a gig bag and loads of picks(note that this was the shops policy, not Ibanez's policy).

KCW1229
    im thinking of getting this guitar but i also have a choice between an epiphone les paul custom and a fender standard series stratocaster HSS ... would this guitar be better?