RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Purchased from: Roll Over Beethoven's

This guitar has 3 pickups, two double humbucker pickups and one single. The guitar itself has awesome tone, and plays very well on the stock pickups. The sound is usually very crisp, and very clean, cept on the single, there is a slight feedback humming sound if you are too close to the amp, but other than that it is fine. It doesn't really suite the style of the guitar, but with a normal input you can almost make the guitar sound very acoustic-ish. The doubles play nicely and produce a very nice crisp distortion, or a heavy distortion sound when used with a distortion peddle, or the effects on an amp. Usually I use a Roland Micro Cube for a practice amp and also as a preamp/effects peddle when plugged into a better amp or system. So the Cosm effects are what I use with any peddles used before that. You can make it sound very screaming, or very deep, or very calm, so it's very versatile in terms of sound.

This is a great guitar for any genre music, it looks great, and for the money paid for the guitar, you really do get a great deal. When looking for an electric I looked at many different guitars, ESP, Fender, and many others, but my pocketbook was against spending over 500 for a guitar, and since I was cheap, I got a great guitar and I got better quality for my money. I'd definitely recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a great, solid, sturdy guitar, I wouldn't recommend if to people learning to play or impatient players due to the tuning of the floating bridge, but for anyone else I definitely would. If this guitar was stolen, I'd probably cry, well, maybe not, but if I ever found the guy who stole it, I promise they would. If stolen, I would probably upgrade to a less expensive Jem, since that is pretty much what the rg is anyhow. Well, I hope if you are looking at this guitar or looking for one, you check out this guitar, I personally believe you wont be sorry you did.

This guitar feels very sturdy. It feels a bit like holding a sturdy walking stick, you know you can rely on it, and it never lets you down. In fact I've probably banged it into quite a few things with out an real visible damage or defects in the paint, so not only is the guitar durable but also the finish. The guitar once in tune usually stays in tune very well, usually only needing an occasional fine tuning here or there. The strap itself is very sturdy, well, when worn properly that is. I would definitively use this guitar at a gig without backup. As long as I don't need to drop D tune.

From the box the guy at the shop I bought it from set it up for me for free, so I don't know how it is straight out of the box. When he set it up the action was just a little too low for my taste, as some of the strings would rattle more than I'd like them too, so I adjusted the springs so the bridge is flat to the body. The pickups were set up fine, everything was perfect as far as finish goes when I got it. Some of the black pain on the metal parts has worn down a little, but it's not very noticeable.

When I started playing guitar, family of mine bought me a very cheap Burswood acoustic guitar. One of those, well try it and see fi you like it things, needless to say, it took me forever to file down the bridge to get the strings to set close to the fretboard and was a real chore on the hands to play for a while due tot eh cheaper frets. So I bought this guitar because I wanted something affordable, and yet very good quality, and very good sound, and mostly something I could really learn how to play on. So compared to my previous guitar this guitar is a 100 times better. It's an Indonesian made Ibanez, from 07, I got it in 08. It features a 24 fret board, and a floating bridge. It has a white body with a pearly pick guard, a natural 24 jumbo fret wizzard2 neck, and black hardware. It has 1 double and one single humbucker pickup, and a volume n tone nob.

Black Rat 1214
    To Samick/fender: Nah mine came with an Edge 3 but i dont like it because you cant change the tension on itand it keeps falling out - but i just read another review and apparently, if you press the tremolo bar in it will reveal a small allen key hole which you can tighten to add tension to it - can anyone confirm this? if so it would save me a good 200 Ta!
    Black Rat 1214
    Me again, i found out that the little change to the tremolo will only adjust the height of the bar - not the tension. For those of you who want to know how to do this: open the back of the guitar and on the left hand side of the bottom of the bridge (As if you were looking down the neck) you should see an allen nut with a spring around it - this is what you tighten/loosen to increase/decrease the height of the bar respectively. Just a little hand guys! On another note - does anyone know how much it will actually cost to modify an RG350 to accomodate an Edge Pro? i can get an edge pro for about 160 or so but i don't know how much it'll cost to get it fitted as a rough estimate. Any help? Ta!
    Eruption Corey
    Yes, This was the First double-locking guitar ive had and its simple enough for anybody.
    SOADplayer2 wrote: i am plannin on gettin one of these but can anyone tell me if it will be suitable for playin SOAD and Slipknot before i get it? and will someone like me (who has only been playin guitar a year) be able to adjust the tremolo system if theres a problem?