RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Price paid: C$ 420

Purchased from: Axe Music Edmonton

It suits what I play, I do anything from the clan stairway to heaven sound, to the crunchy Green Day sound, to even the hard rocking Slayer sound. I put it through my Line6 Spider III and it sounds like an angel! It has a nice ring to it, and is very good with harmonics, it's even easier on the bridge pickup!

I do a lot of Green Day and it really fits when I put it on the "metal" setting on my Line6 Spider III. I've been playing for quite a few years already. I also own an Ibanez S470 and I must say, the s series are a little bit more durable this guitar is great for the price. I also own a BC rich Avenge SOB and I'd have to say this beats it. The RG350DX is more balanced, and can play for hours, I'd definetley reccomend it to any guitar player, from beginner to professional!

This guitar will take a lot of abuse, even the tremolo. I am really hard on it. but it seems to stay in tune forever! the strap buttons haven't let me down. My neckstrap hasn't failed on me. and at this rate the neckstrap will fail before the strap buttons will! This guitar is very dependable. It's really thick and produces a rich sound I tihnk I will have this guitar for a looong time!

The Infinity 3 and 4 pickups are very nice, and pick up the crunchy sound on the bridge pickup, whereas on the neck pickup it sounds clean, picture a sweet home alabama kind of clean. There was only a smidge of fret buzz, but it's barely noticeable. That was easy to fix, and it is really comfortable when sitting down or standing up so no problems there!

I like the 24 fret fingerboard, It gives more opportunity for solos. I just love it! The WizardII neck is very slim, and it's very fast! The bass wood body gives it a nice sound! The edge III tremolo keep it in tune for quite a long time. I love that I don't have to tune it that often. Double locking bridge is very awesome!

tanooj2
    ok this guitar does have a really great sound but i wouldn't say its too sturdy. the sound admittedly doesn't get screwed up but the finish chipped off when my dog dropped it and the tone knob just fell off at a live show. so now i'm left with a screw there. and the tremolo arm slides out a little too easily.
    dadudeguy
    just ordered one after reading all of the reveiews. Looking forward to playing her, hope she's not the evil type that will push my shit in.
    guitarfreak222
    mongo_man wrote: I can choose between this guitar and the Fender Showmaster FAT SSS. Any know what I should buy?
    I would choose this guitar ANY DAY. GO IBANEZ!