RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Price paid: C$ 499

Purchased from: Metro Sound Music

I plug straight into my Randall G375 Combo Amp. I use the amp distortion and the amp's delay settings. I play metalish rock stuff like Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. On a clean channel, the bridge pickup(humbucker) is extremely HOT and has significantly higher output than the other 2. The neck pickup(humbucker) adds a smooth silky bassy roll to the notes. The single coil in the middle is nothing special. The sound even from the single coil isn't as noisy as I thought it would be, althought there is a bit of a hum on distorted channels. You can get a wide veriety of tones with the guitar, from a searing biting bridge pickup lead, to a smooth buttery leck lead... To a crystal light melody with the single coil.

I play metal/rock, and this guitar suits my needs perfectly. I've been playing for 12 years. I would replace it if it were stolen. I love the maple neck, high output bridge pickup and locking tremelo. I don't liek the aesthetics of it. It is a plain black guitar with black inlays and black hardware. I would compare this product to my Jackson Dinky. This guitar has a slightly faster neck. The Jackson looks sexier though. I would have paid a bit more to have the humbuckers tone split to have a push knob for single coil possibilities.

This guitar feels very solid and heavy in the hands. It feels like if I were to drop it, nothing but the finish would be affected. The hardware seems midrange, and will last a very long time. I haven't had any problems regarding hardware. Again the web page will not let me submit this review unless I type another 19 characters... Which I've just done.

Excellent Set-up. No problems here. Pickups are adjusted very well. No flaws to speak of. Since this part of the review will not let me submit such a short review of the action, fit and finish, I will just ramble until I meet the 191 letter specification to submit this review so that other interested Ibanez fans will get to see this review, as if it has any weighing on their decision to buy this product or not. I think I covered the 191 letter specification.

I purchased this guitar 4 days ago for a retail price of $499. The sales representative knocked $50 off. It has an H-S-H config. I purchased this RG 350 DX because it had a maple fretboard. Maple fretboards give the sound a bit more of a punch. The neck is incredibly fast. Compared to my Fender strat, this guitar is a breeze to play. There are 2 knobs. A master volume and a master tone. This guitar has a floating tremelo and a locking nut. The aesthetics aren't particularly pleasing. It is a black guitar with black pickups and a maple neck with black inlays.

rv_phoenix
    blooddrunk wrote: Fantastic guitar. Only the pickups let it down
    Yeah. But you can raise it with some Seymour Duncans which make it sound like a guitar 4 times its price. All the rest is flawless.
    sl1pk0t001
    fornillia wrote: good guitar. good price. recommend changing the neck pickup.
    What to? need ideas.