RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Music Shop in Melbourne

This guitar suits my music style quite well, I play metal, hard rock and classic rock it has very good pickup shielding and the only way I can get hum out of it (even in single coil mode) is to put it right next to my amp (within like 15 cm). I play it through a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt amp and it sounds great with nice distortion/crunch for rhythm and quite clear for soloing. I have played this through a 100 watt Engl and it sounded great also. The only dounside to the sound that I can find is that the single coils are a little bright (as it has 500k pots).

As I said, I play mainly metal, hard rock and classic rock (Zeppelin etc) and this guitar does the job. I have been playing for about 2-2.5 years and if this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy either the same one or a higher end RG, the only thing I wish to do as of now is to get a better amp.

This guitar would withstand live playing with no worries, I would depend on it without a backup, the hardware seems quite solid and the strap buttons are immovable. The only problem in this department is that on one of the pickup adjustment screws, the paint has worn dust because of friction with my fingers.

I can commend Ibanez on how they set up guitars in the factory, when I got this ax out of the box the bridge only needed a little adjustment, all the cavities (pickups, bridge etc...) were routed properly and the pickup height on mine was just right. The white finish is flawless and so is the pearl pickguard.

I believe my RG350DX was made in 2010 in Indonesia just before the new models came in, it has a 24 fret 3pc maple Wizard III neck, rosewood fingerboard and a basswood body (not the best wood IMO), it has one volume pot, one tone pot and 3 passive pickups (Bridge: INF3, Middle: INFS3, Bridge: INFS4) it has a Floyd-style Edge 3 Bridge (which I have had no problems with because I have set it up properly)and is finished in gloss white with a white pearl pickguard.

Eggmond
    daysofaa wrote: i thought when i bought my rg350dx i would be happy but after about a month i was wrong, the trem was a bitch since it always went out of tune, and also trying to get anything lower then drop D is damn near imposiable without spring ajustment. although the neck is super smooth the frets come quiet high off the fret board which i hated. i recently traded it for a schecter damien 6-fr and it was the best thing i ever did.
    every trem needs spring adjustment when you change tuning
    daysofaa
    grungelive72
    my RGT42 with dimarzios and an OFR kicks the shit out of this that being said, with upgrades the rg350sdx is a really nice guitar
    Guru.Guitar.Boy
    LOL I see lots of people saying "get a squier its way cheaper and sounds better and blahblahblah... F**k off. Squier is literally a POS and it lasted me 2 months and it was broken. First of all the bridge started lifting(i completely tightened the screws and it still lifted) then the tuners... The squier can't stay in tune for longer than 3 minutes. Not overexaggerating. Me and my friend both have one and thay are both aqually crap
    tanooj2
    I've this guitar for over 4 years and it sounds as good as it did the day I bought it! It's a bit scruffier looking though.
    leopoloni
    I wanna know why the guys that really know about guitars don't lose their time to review! This edge III bridge and the INF picks sucks! This guitar is horrible for metal and don't have any sustain when you are using the tremolo.
    Heideck
    fpr the price range you can't get better bro...
    eldenb2k
    I own this guitar. I replaced the bridge pick up with a Dimbucker and it sounds GREAT. After taking apart the bridge, I came to find out that the knife edges on my bridge were blunted from poor lubrication. I filed them down and set it back up. We'll see what happens after the strings are finished stretching. If the trem still acts up, I'll drop an Edge Pro block in there... More to follow. BTW, I recently bought an S420 and also dropped a Dimbucker in the bridge... The RG350 sounds better. Obviously better.
    eldenb2k
    I discovered there is a defect in the Dimebucker installed in the S420... Mentioned earlier. FYI When you buy a pick up, make sure it is 'magnetic' before you take it home. Take a piece of nickle wound guitar string with you-and if it doesn't obviously stick to the pick up... Choose another.
    zripper10
    Planning on getting this crazy mofo and put some Duncan Invaders (black on white) in the bridge and a Dimarzio X2n in the neck, now to search for some single coilers >>.