RG350DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350DX

Price paid: A$ 680

Purchased from: Billy and Hyde

Its suits my style fairly well, playing alternative rock, nu metal, metalcore, punk, deathcore even, and experimental/avant-garde. I put it through a Randall RX25RM and it really does sound great. Pinch harmonics are picked up ridiculously well, and the heavy riffs sound as they should. Not much of a blues player but on clean and on the third selector from the 5-way selector there is a really warm expressive tone and I think with this tone I might start playing more blues. Power chords with heavy distortion sometimes have a kind of crunchy feel to it. I don't mind it but I usually prefer a thicker power chord.. But nevertheless its sounds great

Just gunna reiterate everything again (because UG prompts me to), it suits well with styles ranging from alternative rock all the way through to deathcore and blues. I've played for about 2 years now and I reckon I'd have to choose this over my Les Paul 100 I got a couple of yrs ago. If it were stolen or lost, I'd buy it again and again. Its really worth its value. Love the whammy, and love its versatility. I did compare it to many other guitars and originally I wanted the RG570 but it turns out they don't even make it anymore and there was nothing on eBay. So this was the next best thing for a low price. But I'm rather glad I couldn't get the RG570 now.

This guitar was made for live playing. It will never fall off its strap the way the strap knobs are positioned, it doesn't go out of tune and there is nothing wrong with the hardware so can't see any reason why it won't withstand live playing. I would always have a backup but I doubt I'd need it as this baby is right to go.

Guitar wasn't set up that great from the factory.. Action was too low and the intonation on the low e was way out. Nothing that couldn't be fixed but obviously it was not as simple as fixing up a guitar without a tremolo. Once I adjusted the action to just a tiny bit higher, combined with such a thin neck fast playing became easier than ever. Sweep picking was really clear and fast licks just come off so much easier. Like I said earlier. The whammy on this guitar is great. Only ever goes slightly out of tune even with constant use of it. Really happy with the whammy and again, the finish on the guitar is a superb sparkling white. Might not a bit of maintenance but all guitars with tremolos do.

Well, you probably already know all this but 24 frets, edge 3 tremolo bridge and tis dual locking therefore does not go out of tune easily, 5 way selector. It does look really sweet might I add. Maybe a touch classy with it's white finish. Now I have to waste 15 more characters to publish this. And done.

toneage
    You could tell the philosophy of Ibanez with this baseline RG. Lets make the wood construction and finish every bit as good as a RG550 but we'll put in cheaper electronics and a so so tremolo. Don't get me wrong this guitar is seriously an amazing deal and I love mine. I paid $100 cause it was missing a vibrato arm and the frets were worn. I bought a vibrato arm for $20 then did a refret and it rocks seriously now. I might hunt down some dimarzios and replace the allen screws in the tremolo unit cause the hex wear out easily (cheap socket screws)
    snaggleyoda
    I own this guitar & love it. Bought it used, so I had to do some fret leveling & dressing. Because I take my time restringing & setting up the trem, I have no tuning issues, & I take off all the strings at once & clean the fretboard. If you know how to do it, once the strings are stretched & tuned the angle will be perfect with no tuning stability issues.
    krushmore
    I have this guitar and have owned it for three years now. I replaced the inf bridge pickup with a really hot humbucker from Guitar fetish and it sounds killer through my peavey 5150 212 combo! Never had much problem with the edge 3 tremolo goingout of tune and I use it frequently. Anyone who says this guitar sucks needs a proctologist to remove their head from their a*s.