RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

I play alot of '80s rock and this guitar is perfect for it, with the brige humbucker turned on. I am using a Fender FM212R for this guitar and the guitar sounds great, the amp has no effects but still a good sound. Sometimes the middle position of the Switch makes noise but other times it don't. The guitar has excellent sound and different tones with the Switch in different places.

I play '70s and '80s rock and I couldn't ask for a better guitar. I've only been playing for about a year and I havent bougnt an amp yet, I'm using a relitaves Fender FM212R 100watt which has a pretty good sound. If this guitar was stolen I'd cirtantly buy a new one if I could.

The guitar was great when I played it first and I haven't changed anything about the setup of the guitar. The pickup are well adjusted for the guitar, there not too close to the strings but not too far away, the pickups are not very tight because you can move them with your finger but there not loose enough to fall out. There is a little chip of paint off the point of the guitar, not really enough to notice and the pickup selecter is a bit loose but nothing to worry about.

For over 15 years, the RG series has been the undisputed standard in guitars for the hard rock player. The Wizard II is 2mm thicker than the super-thin, super-flat Ibanez Wizard. Basswood is a comparatively lightweight wood, which makes it very comfortable for extended playing. With a good balance of highs and lows, basswood is right in between alder and mahogany in sound character. The jumbo frets offer easy playing for leads and chording. The fixed bridge design offers thru-body stringing for stronger tone and sustain.