RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Purchased from: americanmusical.com

I play a lot of stuff from metal to clean, depends on how I feel. This guitar is for the multi style guitarist, with the 5 way Switch you get a big range in sounds, each position has a different sound its great. I have a Line 6 Spider 2 210 I play though, this guitar sings with all the different sound this amp has.

This guitar fits my style perfectly. Wide range of styles and sounds. I have been playin for about 8 years and had this guitar for 9 months. I plan to get another Ibanez, the SZ720, its stringthrew with a fixed bridge so no intonation problems. I wished I had known about how sensetive it is to weather changes or I would have saved up move for one that had the orginal floyd rose bridge on it. If it was stolen I would be pissed very much because my last guitar was stolen and I had to work long days for months to get this one. But I might get this one again just to have one to pick up and jam. I love the sound on this guitar I just hate the bridge and the intonation problems. I would love to put a real orginal floyd rose on this instead of the cheap copy. It holds up very well in the summer just the winter and cold tempatures mess with the metal of the bridge. This guitar is very fast playin havnt had any complants from other people about feel and speed.

Here's the catch on the hole thing. The guitar is cold natured. I got mine in the summer, did great stayed in tune very well. But when winter hit ahhhh, the strings don't stay in tune as long, I have to check it every other day, the intonation goes off about twice a week, so I have to fix it myself or go to the guitar tech guy in town (intonation is the length of the string from the bridge to the stringing nuts on the head). The nobs and bridge rust up or oxidized, Ibanezes do that for some reason. The strap buttons are solid, the guitar seems to me that it will last a long time if I dont snap in half this winter out of anger over the intonation. Dont use the wammy bar with this bridge tuning goes off right away. It plays very will when I jam with my friends, but if I played live during the winter have a backup just in case the intonation goes off and it will.

Was set up pretty good from the factory, execpt the cheap 42 gauge strings on it. The bridge pickup was a little loose I just tightend the screw no biggie. It was nice and clean with I got it no flaws. The action is low on the wizard neck so it buzzes a little on the frets 1 threw 5 but it doesn't come through the amp so no worries there.

It's a solid guitar, made in 2004 in Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets, there nice lots of room for bends and vibirato. Wizard II neck. Its a bolt on neck real solid thou, held up pretty good with the bends I to on it. It has a cool shark tooth inlay they call it on the neck, it's got floyd rose copy bridge on it, the Edge III they call it. It's also got those lockin nuts to go with it. 3 pickups 2 hum and 1 coil, 5-way Switch with them. 1 volume and 1 master tone nobs.