RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Purchased from: A Remus Sound

The Infinity pickups perform alot better than I was hoping. The neck pickup provides exactly what I was looking for, a smooth, mellow tone, which responds well to higher frequencies. I run it, usually clean through a Vox AD30VT amp, and the combination of the valves and these pickups works a treat. If I use a pedal, it is my Korg, but this impairs the overall sound quality, so I try to avoid it. Thebridge pickup has a lush sound which cuts through the mud of cheaper pickups. My favourite set upo at the moment is the single coil/neck pickup combo, with the tone down slightly. This is perfect for alot of Satch and tapping and just sounds great.

I play all sorts of music styles from AC/DC to christian worship songs, and this guitar fits the bill. The body has a very in your face attitude with sharp cut outs and the jst black finish adds to this. If it was stolen, I would definatly buy it again as I think it is the best specced guitar for the price. I am not a great fan of Fender as I believe they are rediculously over priced, and they never change their style, where as Ibanez update technology and style annually.

This guitar can definatly stand up to the rigours of everyday playing. I havn't had a chance to play it live yet but I am perfectly confident that it will be fantastic. I replaced the standard strap buttons with schall locking ones which I got form the shop when I bought the guitar, I definatly recomend these as there is no way your axe will fall off, even with the oldest strap. The Edge III bridge performs fantastically under eventhe heaviest whammying. I rarely use the tremolo, but decided to go for a guitar with one for the rock solid tuning, which the Edge provides.

The bridge is set very far forward on the D string to achieve the correct intonation, I'll get an expert to look at this soon. The jumbo frets are fantastic, it is incredibly easy to play bar chords. I plan to replace the plastic scratchplate with a mirror finish stainless steel one in the near future which will greatly enhance its looks. The plastic one is alright but scratches easily and looks slightly tacky. For the small price, I think Ibanez should put metal scratchplates on as standard. There is practically zero buzzing when you are not playing.

I won't bother listing the spec as you can get that else where. At first, the shift to 24 frets was difficult becasue I'd instinctively knew where they all were on my old guitar. When I bought the guitar, I also bought a small tuner, patch lead and strap locks (which I recomend).

pieman777
    wooo this guitar kicks ass!! i had it for 6 months and it still sounds great!