RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Purchased from: Local Store

Okay, the neck humbucker is awesome for leads. So warm and smooth. I use the bridge humbucker for mostly rhythm, but I do occasional leads with it. I hate the middle single coil, it hums like nobody's business. I use a Carvin SX half stack and this guitar can cover anything except extreme black metal (of course, why don; t you just buy a 7 string for that).

I play any form of Rock (classic, metal, blues) and this guitar does it all very well. I must admit, I'm glad Steve Vai plays Ibanez's because I would've never picked this axe up. I'm a definate Ibanez fan and just sold my Jackson DK2 Dinky to buy a Ibanez RG350DX so I have one in black and white now. Good axes for $400 and are definately the perfect intermediate guitar, no matter what genre you play. Give them a try, they're worth it.

Nothing so far, frets are lasting fairly well and the tremolo still holds tune, so I know it's not having any functionality problems.

The guitar was setup better than I expected. The tremolo was not floating when I took it out, but it didn't pull back, so it didn't go out of tune when I used the tremolo. I set it up to float now, and it still holds amazing tune. The Edge III trem's are something else, man. The action was crazy low when I got it. I raised it to my preference and there is no fret buzz, but the 19th fret has a dead note under the A string. The frets are huge, so I'll go get them dressed, but this shouldn't be happening on any guitar of any price. Wang-Chung didn't do so hot of an inspection, I guess. But other than that, no problems. Oh, one of the screws that holds the locking nut in fell out because it wasn't tightened.