RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Purchased from: Local Dealer (Amptown)

When I heard the sound of this guitar first, I couldn't believe how great it sounds in clean and overdrive settings! The sound fits perfectly to play heavy metal and hard rock (for example Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden) lead guitar.

I started playing the guitar two and a half years ago. I decided to play heavy metal and hard rock and I'm happy that I got this guitar, 'cause it fits to my gear (80W combo amp + multieffect-pedal). The only thing it could have is an original floyd-rose-trem, but nothing's perfect.

Although I would never play a gig without a backup, I would trust this guitar. It seems to be very solid and reliable, the strap buttons are made to stand even hard situations and long gigs, the body-finish is good and last but not least it holds the tuning a long time (if you don't use the whammy too often).

I bought the guitar in a music store, "Amptown", in Hamburg(Germany) last week. It was set-up perfectly. The only thing this guitar has is the tremolo. If it's used too hard, it destroys the tuning.

This one's a really solid Japanese built monster with 24 jumbo frets, a solid basswood body in somekinda Stratocaster style with the floyd-rose-tremolo-copy called "Edge III" as bridge and a maple neck (Wizard II) with rosewood scale (white borders). 2 hums and a single (Ibanez house brand) in combination with a 5-way switch get a great sound out of this wonderful piece of wood. The pickguard is aluminium-colored and the mechanics are cosmo black.

pjhartin
    I bought this guitar a few days ago, thanks for writing these reviews, it persuaded me to part with my money, to get one of the best guitars ive ever played. The floyd rose bridge is fecking awesome =) Sheer brilliance
    Adimantium
    I have had this guitar since May...and i have had nothing but maintenance problems out of it....its a great guitar, it has wonderful sound for metal and an awesome neck...but this guitar needs to be remodeled due a few structural errors....its very cold sensative...and it doesnt stay in tune all that long...awesome guitar though...theres worse out there
    Agent_00Funk
    Im definately gonna pick one of these up. Might switch the pickups to EMG when i get some more money XD
    Xistel
    Agent, i belive u cant put emgs into this guitar, begause of its thickness. i recommend seymour duncan
    pxr5
    Owned for one month now and apart from the tacky scratchplate and the usual tuning hasstles its very playable. even at very low action you get buzzless clear notes even on chords (this is after a minor tweak to the truss rod to achieve silly low action). i cant fault it. my first ibanez this and i got what i wanted, except some cosmetic blandness.
    pxr5
    By the way, to the guy that said he uses this guitar through an rp200A multi effects processor, well i bought one of those 2 weeks ago and it sucks bigtime. i think you must have a great amp cos on my humble laney linebacker its very weak. my other effects are great so i dunno why, but i wasted 100 there i think. i use this guitar through a jimi hendrix wah pedal and a GEQ pedal and its got amazing sustain. if it was all about sustain it would wipe the floor with any other guitar ive had over 20 years.
    Icebolt
    i'm getting this guitar soon, looks good, i been playing for over a year now and its gonna be my second guitar, i love ibanez! they rock!
    nightwatchman01
    hey I've been playing acoustic for well over 6 months now, and I want to make the switch to electric. do you think an Ibanez RG350 or maybe an Epiphone Les Paul standard or custom would be better? versatility is not the most important but it still is a factor. any suggestions will be much appreciated.