RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Purchased from: Georges Music

The combination of the basswood body and the Infinity pickups gave me an amazing tone through my cheap Fender 100 watt amp. I mean, it doesn't compare to playing something like, say a JEM through a Marshall stack (which sounds like you're in heaven) but this guitar provides a tone I'll be satisfied with for years to come. The sound it gave provided many tones from metal to rock to bluesy tones. And the addition of a single coil in the middle provides other tonal possibilities.

Overall, I love this guitar. I play mostly shred/speed metal material and this guitar is perfect for it. But I also play blues, rock, jazz/fusion, classical and this axe is well suited for all of those as well. The mirror pickguard, the Wizard II neck and the Edge III bridge are what I love most about this guitar. It's so versatile, only it's looks can dissuade anybody from buying it ('cause it lokks like a metal guitar).

This guitar seems like it won't die. The guitar is light but it feels like it can withstand anything, it's so durable. The hardware wasn't cheaply made and felt just right. If I had only this guitar, I'd be happy. It's very reliable and I can always depend on it.

The action was low enough to not have any buzzing and just right for shredding. The strings were like .10's with is good for someone like me. The pickups were set up just right as well. There were no flaws what-so-ever with this particular guitar and the mirror pickguard made it well worth the money.

The manufacturing date and location are unknown to me, I was too busy having fun with this guitar! The RG350EX sports an amazing Wizard II bound maple neck (though I prefer Prestige necks) with 24 extra jumbo frets and on rosewood fingerboard with skarktooth inlays. The basswood body has a black finish with a mirror pickguard-how cool is that?! This axe comes equipped with DiMarzio designed Infinity pickups which sounded amazing to my suprise with a H/S/H setup for many tonal possibilities. The Edge III bridge is amazing, way better than any Floyd Rose I've ever used. From the dive bombs with aplomb to pulling the bar to raise notes, this guitar stayed perfectly in tune.

Build An Army
    I bought one of these about a year ago. The only annoying thing i found was when you wanted to re-tune after changing the strings or re-tune when wanting to play in a Dropped note (because of the tremelo). Still an Awesome! guitar to play and learn techniques on. It is however annoying that everyone is buying an RG now-a-days but i cant blame them \m/
    wolflord1
    Im gonna buy this beautiful guitar! I sold My Hamer Explorer to buy this axe, and what a fortunate thing, in music shop that i planed to buy this guitar have lovered prices about 20-30%!!! Im gonna save 130 euros! Wooohooooo! In few days it will be mine!!! I must buy a hardcase for this guitar, im ganna take a good care of this beauty!
    dale-banez
    hmm....I have one of these and it has a HSS setup and looks like its from the 80's...and its purple....weird
    Loghead910
    I might be buying pieman777's guitar(that is if he is my friend who I know owns this guitar and uses that alias on several websites) and I'm hoping it will work out well though I plan on using this guitar to play punk tunes instead of playing metal but I'm just learning and I want a nice guitar. I'm hoping that this will be a good playing guitar :
    praj888
    confucius
    IN china we resist Japanese goods... However still it's worthy of its price.
    GoFoT9
    praj888 wrote: hey guys can u tell me hwich 1 is better!!the ibanez 350ex or the ibanez 350dx???
    well do you like the black one or the white one?? black/silver go for EX, but if u like all white like steve vai, get the DX... they got the same hardware and stuff, only the colour is the difference
    COBHC_inurface
    tenaciousjp
    COBHC_inurface wrote: does the whammy bar screw into the bridge? i played my cousins RG370DXGP and it has a edge III bridge but the tremolo doesn't screw in and i'm planning on buying a RG5EX1 which has an edge III trem and i dont want to get one that isnt able to screw in. somone please help!
    no you basiclly pop it in, its alot better then the strat whammy bar where your there scwrewing it in for like 2 mins.
    tenaciousjp
    my friend asked me this the other day.he asked me if he could change the edge III for say a floyd rose on this guitar? to be honest im not the sure...it really got me puzzled, i never thought of it really...can you change it to a floyd rose or something different?
    Jik2
    Here in the Philippines, temperature change isn't a very big issue since the average temperature stays in a narrow range (from about 19-38 degrees Centigrade) so the expanding of certain things due to such occurrences are rare. My RG350EX stays in tune pretty well in our climate.
    IzRG350
    I bought this guitar at American music and love it. I was a little put off at first at the idea of putting new strings on a guitar with a floating tremelo but it only took me a few minutes. Go buy one.
    Vertigo-fly
    I have had this guitar for around a year now. It is my fourth guitar and it is the best guitar i have owned. It is so versatile and i just cant stop playing it, I would recommend this guitar to any guitarist. Its awesome for sweeping and shredding, with the right amp and right sound, one of the best Ibanez's you can buy =)
    Takv
    OK!!! Great infortmation. In some weeks i will buy it. Thanks a lot! You make me know the specifications like no one! The Ibanez catalog don't tell anything about the experience. I'am from Chile, and i give to us some information: In the Ibanez website is a link to japan information of the ibanez instruments and accesories. There we can see (selecting elecrit guitars -> Rg Series -> RG350EX) 3 different hardware models of this guitar. Look the specifications and you get the answer about the tremolo problems. Select the best model. Backside the guitar we see the model.