RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Purchased from: De Snaar

I usually play rock/metal, and it suits nicely with my guitar. I have to play Pop and soft stuff for my guitarlessons, and that is not a problem at all! I use it with a Roland Cube 20X amp and I use a lot of distortion. Usually I select only the bridge humbucker with the 5-way selector, and I love the sharp edge that gives to the riff. I don't have any complaints about the sound, although it's a bit thin sometimes.

As I said before, this guitar goes well with any style. I've been playing for 3 years, and I own a bass (an Ibanez BTB200 IPF) as well. There is one thing I hate about this thing. The floating tremolo! When you want to drop the E string, all the other strings go up. So by the time you tuned it, you're sometimes litteraly tuning for more than an hour before you got it right. That's why I had my tremolo blocked, and I don't regret it. Because I play in alternate tunings, like Drop D and stuff, it's taking really long to tune. And my tremolo bar is really loose. It just drops on the floor when you even move a little bit. But I don't use the bar anymore, so I don't care that much. But other than that, it's just good quality. A good guitar for novices and advanced players! It would survive a world tour.

As long as you don't smash it it will survive a gig. But if you yank the neck hard, you'll get a tremolo effect. The strap buttons are regular, but I would use a sturdy strap because the guitar fell on my toes once. I bought an Ibanez strap after that. The finish seems lasting, however it's got a lot of scratches on the back but that's normal with a lot of playing. Haven't really got scratches on the front, and it doesn't seem to wear off easily.

I don't remember it that well how the setup was when I got it. But I've heightened the bridge humbucker. But that's just a personal preference, because I like a sharp edge in my riffs. But my tremolo bar is really loose! It just drops out of there. I don't use it anymore though, because I have had my tremolo blocked. I don't like floating tremolos and I don't use it much either.

Manufactured in 2007, in Japan I think. Has a thin and flat bolt on 3 pc Wizard II neck about 20mm thick for more speed and playability, and it works! It has a bound Rosewood fretboard and it also has 24 jumbo frets, which make it easier to play. A solid Basswood body with a black finish. It has a beautiful flat mirror-like pickguard, that's why I like it's looks. And a nice pointy double cutaway. It has an Edge III Pro floating tremolo and locking tuners. And about the controls. A shiny Volume and a Tone knob, and a 5-way selector. The pickups are double humbucker/single coil/double humbucker. It came with some tools. Wrenches, the tremolo bar, a

naxo_udec
    i bought like 9 months ago and got offtune with the cold but beside that the guitar is sweet i can play from classic rock to heavy metal cause it has a very wide sound range
    shadowsofbodom
    I had a fender affinity squier strat as a starter guitar that I bought 2 years ago. I got the tension adjusted when i started playin for one step down tuning and added heavy gauge strings to the thing so it was ridiculous to play anything or bend at all. I went to a samash to try out some guitars recently and looked esp but wasnt really interested except for the floating bridge. Then I saw this RG350EX and I gave it a try. I could not even put the thing down. The sound was awesome, the guitar was so easy to play, and the bridge seemed amazing after having a fixed one on my fender. I still have the urge to play in lower tunings (with this one the high frets are unable to bend fully in lower tunings, i may need to lower the action or somin) but i can barely go back to fender after my discovery of this amazing guitar.
    Solan
    I bought this guitar today and have now played on it 12 hours and i wanna play more but girls you now them and dates. The guitar is awesome and it's really great. I will not buy a new guitar ever from now. I will say it's a cross between a Fender Telecaster and a Gibson SG. You can play everything on and it are sounding very great the amp i bought with the guitar. An Roland Micro Cube!!!
    wmx428
    Bought it almost a year ago. Minor alteration made to avoid the edge 3 from causing me any probs. Solution? A completely blocked trem. Blocking a trem is placing a carefully sized piece of wood into the trem cavity between the tone block and the cavity wall. The wood holds the tone block in place and prevents any movement, making it, essentially, a fixed bridge. No more tuning prob or worries... but no more dive bomb for me :-(