RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

I play a lot of kinds of music, from Heavy Metal to Classic and everything in between. I run this through my Marshall VS256 130W amplifier, and I say it sounds badass. I get a crazy overdrive with the neck/bridge pickup, or a smooth acoustic sound with the single coil. The sound on these pickups is tremendous, best stocks I have ever used.

As I've said, I play a wide variety of music styles. This guitar is the best match for all those that I have tried so far. I've been playing for more than I remember, I also own an ESP EX model. If this guitar was stolen I'd probably get another model or brand (Just for a change), but I totally rely on this axe. I love everything about this guitar; apart from setting up the bridge, which is a common problem with most people. I'd totally recommend this guitar for anyone, because this has been a great buy for me. Of course, I cannot give this guitar a 10, because no guitar deserves a 10/10; it is only a matter of opinion. Remember that this is just my own opinion, a lot of other people probably have other opinions about this, this is just to help you with your decision if you want to buy it.

This guitar would totally withstand Live playing; the hardware can last for years if you know how to maintain it right. The strap buttons are really solid, and the lightweight of the guitar doesn't leave me worried that it would fall from my hands. I can depend on this guitar 100%, I would use it at a gig, but of course, you cannot rely on only 1 guitar at a gig, even if you are sure that nothing would happen to it. This guitar seems that it will last for a lot of time, but only if the owner knows how to maintain and keep good care of it.

The guitar was set up really good at the factory, no flaws or anything. Everything was routed perfectly, the only adjustment I had to do was with the Edge III bridge. I had a hard time trying to set up the bridge at first because I wasn't really experienced with floating tremolos. As I said, black metallic finish with a silver pickguard. The action was pretty good, it's pretty easy to slide all around the neck with these frets. I needed no adjustment with the action, apart from the tremolo arm hitting the volume control.

Made around 2007, in Indonesia. The neck is 25.5", Rosewood fingerboard with Sharktooth inlays, 24 frets. Black Metallica finish with a silverish pickguard. Superstrat style, basswood body with an Edge III floating tremolo (No matter how many people say this bridge sucks, I still don't believe them). There are 3 IBZ-INF pickups, double humbuckers and a single coil; with 1 volume and 1 tone knobs along with a 5 way lever Switch. Of course, because of the floating tremolo this guitar has a locking nut.

Jik2
    Trem stability tip: for the springs to stay in good condition for a long time, spray some WD-40 on them, and they will tighten up again like they were new. Again, lubricate the stud bolts for them to stay slick and able to go back to the neutral position. After this, put some more WD-40 in the whammy bar socket to add some friction to the bar, so it wouldn't pop out easily. WD-40 is such a miracle!
    maszi
    just got one...I dreamed of this guitar for a while...really kicks big ass!
    anaki
    ive had this guitar for about 10 months now and it can be a fuken peice of shit when it comes to its tuning...you need to reset the tuning all the time because it goes out so often..the sales reps took it back to the factory because it goes out of tune so much and its been there for nearly 2 weeks now...apart from that its a fuken sik guitar and i love it..lol..very nice to play and the tremolo is sick