RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Price paid: € 400

Purchased from: www.musicorama.gr

I play mostly hard and glam rock but I also like having this not-so-acoustic clear sound, like Pink Floyd. I'm using it with a Roland Cube 20W and a Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion pedal, I can say it offers a great range and variety of sounds if you have enough control-knobs on your amp.

This guitar perfectly fits me. My favourite feature is the 24-fret neck and the jumbo frets, but I should have asked for a fixed-bridge version because I don't use the trem that much and I would have probably paid a bit less. It couldn't be lost because I take more care of it than I do with myself, but if it was stolen I would steal one same too! I wish it had a rocket launcher, but I think I can get one!

I would use nothing without a backup, but I believe this is a guitar that withstands Live playing for hours. I also believe this is a decade-lasting guitar, but I haven't checked the reliability on low temperatures. I don't think I'll need it, I mostly need a guitar to withstand very high temperature, which RG350EX is perfect at.

The pickups were 100% correct adjusted and the guitar was perfectly set-up, except the low tremolo arm which hits the volume knob. The bridge also needed some tightening because it was kinda loose. The hardware at the bridge also started to lose the paint and oxidize not after a month of purchasing.

The jumbo frets really help me playing fast, but I would prefer something more difficult for practising. This is clearly a show guitar. Black finish and the inox-like pickguard on a superstrat is what I love, but the chrome knobs get dirty and take colours like the rainbow. Volume and tone controls given, I like the knobs are not so close to the strings but the tremolo is kinda low and hits the volume knob when it is slightly pressed.

Ibanezsweep45
    This guitar does have problems with temperature, but if you keep it in one room like i do, it stays in tune for weeks even with the whammy bar. I have had this guitar for about 7 months and i love it, i dont think i will ever get rid of it, but i might upgrade eventually