RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

I play mostly metal to rock, with some softer accoustic stlyle pieces thrown in. With the 5 way pick-up selecter swich thrown in, you can get heaps of sounds. So far only a Peavey Rage 158 amp, but I've used it through a Roland Cube 30X and it sounded awesome (will be getting that amp soon). It gets an occaisonal amount of feedback, but that's no real big problem (and it's usually only when standing/sitting close to the amp). On the Peavey Rage 158, if I try to use the any pick-up selection other than bridge or neck humbuckers fully, it gets a pretty crappy sound (hard to describe, kinda flat, weak, not very good) however, never had this problem on any other amp, so I think it's just the Peavey

This is a pretty decent match for what I want to play. Only gripe is that with the edge III, I cannot get an alternate tuning out of it, it wobbles and changes the tension on the strings. So that's pretty annoying... If it were stolen, I probaby wouldn't get the same one. Only because I would like to try some other brands with slightly better components and at this price range, in Aus, there are many other guitars I could try. But overall, it's pretty nice, great sounds for hard rock and metal and very, very easy access to upper frets which I love. Nice guitar for an intermediate, bedroom player, but for a serious gigger, I'd probably try out some others, but still give this one a run through.

The edge III isn't great, will have to replace it some time, but other than that it's tops. Feels indestructable. Strap buttons are built like a brick. Very solid and reliable. I havn't had a single construction problem after about 3 months of solid use. I wouldn't use any guitar on a gig without a back-up, but that's just me.

Guitar was in pristine condition when I picked it up. No visible faults at all. Everything was lined up nicely, frets inserted properly, pick-ups were at a good height, movable, but in no way too loose (they'll never, ever come out). Wood feels solid, and isn't easly dentable. Bumped it a few times on the head piece, but still no chips or dings.

Most has been said, but for what it's worth. 24 very easily accessable jumbo frets which is good for solo'ing. 2 humbuckers (bridge and neck), one middle single coil. Edge III tremelo which isn't awesome, useable, but not great (more details in overall impression). Very cool body shape allowing for easy use on your lap or strap. Like I said most has been said, so won't go in heaps of detail.

Shortguy109
    Is it worth gettin it for it's price to play things like avenged sevenfold/trivium stuff?
    Capt_Clarkson
    yeah
    tim007corp
    I own this guitar and it is the best guitar i have ever played. I think no matter what the price is, you should get it. It is the exact i have been lokking for and i have found no faults with this guitar.
    jessicasilva
    Hi, Im think on buying this guitar for my B-DAY, I've been playing for 8 months whit a Jay Turser JT-300, (Which I think that sucks), And I want to grow up my skills with this RG350 guitar, do u recomend it, I'll buy a guitar and I won't upgrade till I'll work with a good pay. Should I buy it???, do you recomend it, or there are other better guitars for the same price, If know any let me know . I want a guitar with good neck, a neck easy to learn and play. Thanks
    morbidkid
    this guitar is sick! i'm so contented with this one... I play christian rock songs to deathly gruesome heavy metal shit and everything in between even acoustics. this just covers everything!!! an all-around guitar!!! i just have to find where that stupid studbolt is located so that I can lube this sick bastard every now and then!!!
    morbidkid
    Im just hoping for the durability though, My Squier Standard Fat Stratocaster only lasted 3 years... hope this is my final gear...