RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Price paid: C$ 669

Purchased from: Pickers Alley (sarnia)

This guitar is awesome. I play everything; metal, rock, indie, alternative, punk etc. And it never seems to not fit the style (tone wise). The pickups scream but they also clean up very nicely. I enjoy the single coil pick up in it because when you have it either in possition 2 or 4 it splits the humbucker into a single coil so you get those classic Strat sounds which are great for country or some clean stuff.

My main style is metal/hard rock. This is a great match. I have been playing for 4 years now and this guitar lives up to all my other ones. I play through a line six spider 4 150 wt amp and the same model head on a Fender 2-12 cabinet and it sounds amazing through both. I am a very loyal Ibanez Player. I love the guitars and own 4. An ART 300 series a PF series Electro-Acoustic. And a plain Ibanez acoustic. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely consider buying another one. They are amazing guitars!:)

This guitar is very reliable. It is one of my 7 guitars and it is always one of the first on my list for playing. The floyde doesn't break my strings as some my friends floydes do which is always a bonus. The strap buttons are solid which is a change from my other Ibanez guitars. The other ones I own I actually had to drill a new hole for the screw cause it kept falling off but so far no sign of this is happening with this one.

The guitar was set up very well but talking to the store attendant it is because he set it up him self. From what he has described the bridge was very loose and the intunation was out. Also the strings were to low to the neck so it buzzed like crazy. My suggestion with not just this guitar but every guitar you get is get it professionally set up, it will save you head aches in the near future. The finish is nice no defects and very smooth. The pick guard adds a nice effect. It is not metal but a strong plastic painted to look like metal. I also enjoy the Shark bite inlays they add a very nice look to the guitar.

This guitar is awesome. It features a Floyde Rose Bridge (might be a copy but it doesn't really matter it works just as well) and locking nuts. It has a single master volume and tone as well as a five way selecting switch. It has 3 pickups, 2 humbuckers and 1 single coil.