RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Purchased from: Gamlins

If your looking for a guitar that can deliver a punch when playing songs from heavy metal down to pop punk this is the right guitar for you. I am using a Marshall amplifier 65 watt, which makes the guitar sound even meatier. I also bought a Zoom G2 pedal to go with it but with the combination of the guitar and amplifier (both great) I hardly ever use it.

I play pop punk and touch on a little bit of metal and hard rock and this guitar suits them all. I been playing for five years and this is the best guitar so far. I have tried fenders, gibsons, jacksons, and many more but I always will prefer Ibanez. Ibanez are far cheaper to buy and if I'm honest with you they're a great deal better than any other guitar.

This guitar can definately withstand hard playing for days non stop. Put together with high quality Ernie Ball strings and you get the ultimate guitar. The only problem I can say about the durability off this guita is that if your not soft with the allen key tightning and losning the top screws, the inside thread may wear down which has happened to me once in four years. But I bought new ones very easily and cheap.

Don't get me started on the action! The action on this guitar is AMAZING. No other word for it. The only way I can describe how light you have to push down is like pushing your fingerrs into butter. Strange way to describe I know but it is immense, trust me. If you have difficulty with your action just play around with the springs a bit in the back until you get the right feel.

Has a great thin neck with 24 frets, so you can get harmoni right down low. Pretty sure it's made from rosewood. Black body with mirror finish silver pickguard. The neck has a kind of lightning shape in every 2nd fret which adds to the appearance of the guitar. Really deep cut out for easier solo slide action onto the higher frets. Passive electronics. The volumes given are just simply a volume and tone knobs. Also it has a 5-way Switch which allows you to choose between the 2 humbuckers and the single pickup.

Sakke
    A dude playing through a Vox Pathfinder gives nearly 10 out of 10... *sigh*
    SanJose
    The only thing that I don't like with this guitar is that the tremolo doesn't stay in tune after some use, at least compared to the LFR on my Jackson DXMG.