RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

Price paid: € 400

Purchased from: Savins Music

I play bits of everything from blues to rock to funk to a small bit of metal and it is really quite a versatile guitar. The range of sounds from the pickups is absolutely brilliant. I use a small Rolands Cube 30w and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for bigger gigs with a couple of pedals and this guitar sounds great through everything. The one thing I would caution is that sometimes this guitar can sound very tinny and weak through a clean setting so you really have to mess around with it for a while to get a great tone. Overall I'd give it an 8 for sound as it is very versatile and suits my style.

As I mentioned above I bought this as a back-up for gigs and stuff but I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a guitar in this price range it sounds great for any style of music from blues to metal (with the right settings). It has fantastic action and is very comfortable to play standing up or sitting down. If someone stole it I would definitely consider buying this again when I was in the shop this guitar blew all the other guitars I tried out of the water (even guitars priced almost double). I sometimes wish I hadnt gone for the Floyd Rose type Bridge as I don't use the tremolo much but it is still a great bridge. Overall a 9 from me great guitar for an intermediate/beginner very reliable and sounds great.

I would definitely say this guitar would withstand live playing the hardware (so far) has held up well and it seems pretty durable. I have heard some complaints about the hardware discolouring but for me after 2 months it still looks perfect and shiny. I would (as I would recommend with all guitars) cleaning it and rubbing it down every month or two but overall I think is very reliable.

One thing I have to say about the guitar is that its action is absolutely amazing with no fret buzz. I bought this as a backup guitar and for something to be able to shred about on and it is awesome for those purposes. It came perfectly set up from the factory and once I swapped on a new set of strings and fiddled with the intonation a bit it was in perfect gigging condition. The only problem I did have with it was a tiny crack in the pickguard but it wasn't much of a problem as I bargained a lower price because of it. I'd give this a 9 as the intonation was a tiny bit out and the crack.

Pretty much all been said before solid guitar, 24 frets (great for fast playing), 3 pickups (2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle), made of basswood, 5 way pickup selector, tone knob, volume knob etc... I'd give it a 9 in features the pickups are good, the locking nuts are great and its all just well put together with a great neck and great action