RG350EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EX

My music style varies greatly and this guitar pretty much does it all. I play mostly hard rock to heavy metal. And while it CAN play any music genre with its wide range of sounds and pickup combinations, the guitar truly shines in the heavy metal area. This Guitar is absolutely insane. It has the best and thickest sound I've ever heard, comparing it to 80's BC Rich Warlocks and the Dean Dime Bag Dean From Hell guitar. The Ibanez blows them all out of the water. The neck and Bridge pickups can be noisy when turned in the up and down positions.

When I'm playing heavy metal this guitar is my main choice. It suits it perfectly. I've been playing almost two years and have tried quite a few guitars and have even made three of my own and this is the best metal guitar I've ever played. If it were stolen or lost I would definitely replace it. I love its thick heavy sound, I hate how easy it is to chip.

This guitar is definitely made to go onstage. The finish doesn't hold up very well at all as my friend was playing it with a watch on and got scuff marks everywhere... Then he dropped it and made a huge chip on the back of it. So finish wise I'd say buy a nice case to keep it protected. But The hardware seems like it would definitely last and the strap buttons are huge on this thing. I could definitely depend on it but wouldn't go live without a backup simply because you never know... A string could break and that would make a 15 minute time frame to fix and restring. The only durability problem is the finish seems easy to scuff and chip.

I can't really rate it based on FACTORY set-up since I bought it off of a friend. But he had no changes made to that area since he bought it because he never knew any of the technical things to a guitar. So based on that I'd say the action was amazing. It really feels effortless to shred on this guitar. I raised the pickups a tad loser to the strings to make them hotter. One complaint I have is the hardware oxidized quite badly. It wasn't that old of a guitar yet the tuners and the Bridge and locking nut all were quite oxidized and I don't like that. Its only a cosmetic thing but still...

Ibanez makes all of their guitars overseas. Many people think that a guitar needs to be american made to be high quality but these Ibanez guitars are great quality at a great price. 24 jumbo frets on a 25.5 scale. Rosewood fingerboard on a maple wizard II neck. The body is made of basswood. Its a solid black finish with a silver mirror pickgaurd and "cosmic black" hardware. The body is a Strat style with exaggerated horns and a great cutaway allowing easy access to high frets. All equipped with an Edge III tremolo double locking bridge. Passive Infinity 3 pickups. HSH pickup configuration with a five-way switch. Standard Ibanez Tuners with the locking nut.