RG350EXZ review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350EXZ

Purchased from: Malaysia

When I read the reviews on the web, I thought the INF pickups sounds bad and decided to got it changed it to evo pickups. I was wrong. The sound really suits all the genre. I love to play Steve Vai's and Joe Satriani's songs. Sometimes I play Metallica, Nirvana, and Zeppelin's song and the stock pickups can do just anything you would hoping for. Pinch harmonic are easy. I don't recommend to change the pickup but it's up to you. The stock pickups are really good. Make an adjustment on your pickup poles and bridge, and you are ready to make it scream. Oh yea... Don forget to change the cheapy stock strings because it sound crappy and sucks!

I love grunge sounding and this is perfect for me. I played guitar for about 10 years, I'm a big fan of Fender and got two of my hard earned Fender Standard Strat stock pickup changed. This is the only guitar I don change the stock pickups. I work for months to bought this Ibanez guitar and it seems my hard work pays off! Why I bought this? Because I have only two Strats with only 21 frets and fixed bridge. I want to play Steve Vai's songs. Do some adjustment on the pickups and bridge, have the stock string changed, it will be perfect. If this were stolen, I would save a few more bucks to a another higher end RG guitar.

This guitar can withstand live playing. Strap buttons' good. The tremolo seems solid to me. I'm still new to the floyd rose system. I did a lot of massive dive bombs and flutters on it, abusing the tremolo, it still stay in tune amazingly. AFAIK, the Edge Zero II is built to replace the old Edge III production. Anyway, the intonations are good. It will still stay in tune no matter how I abused it. Edge Zero II is an excellent tremolo!

Mine already set up pretty well from the factory. It seems solid. My word of advice to you, if you want to peel of the top layer plastic on the pick guard surface, pls peel it slowly because I was making a big mistake! I peel it in hard way and it cause some metal paint goes off. Pls be gentle. I don mind the paint's off because I care for sounds and action. The action's perfect, not too high or low, just perfect. Now the main thing is the Wizard III neck, it is so beautiful and fast, put some lemon oil on it and the wax on the back neck. Whoah yeah!!! Overall, it is a sexiest guitar I have now.

Made in early 2011 in Indonesia. 24 Frets, Wizard III neck with cool sharktooth inlay, superstrat style, metal pickguard, 3 INF pickups [2 Humbucker, 1 Single Coil], and a brand new Edge Zero II tremolo. Cheap cable. Lack of manual instructions, I had to go to the Ibanez site to download some manual. Don't under estimate Indonesia made guitar, this axe is built perfectly.

Air_Stryker
    Have played one of these before when I was looking for my first guitar (I settled for an Ibanez RGD320 instead). Looking back on it now, it's a really nice guitar for the price, but it is evidently a kind of jack of all trades - master of none. It's a beginner's guitar, made for someone who doesn't exactly know what they want, but whatever it is it can probably do it, albeit not very well. Also, there was something wrong with the frets on the one I tried, as they overlapped the edge of the neck slightly on the bottom. While playing I managed to get about a million tiny little shallow cuts along the insides of my fingers. Ouchiez.
    SilverSpurs616
    I have this guitar (albiet with an earlier trem model) and I disagree heavily with the part about pickups. They're good enough for beginners to use, but any experienced player will realise how thin they sound. It's an entry-level guitar and fantastic FOR THE PRICE. Also I find it hard to take a review seriously when the writer hasn't had the guitar long enough to even change the strings..
    azmully
    Cannibal Koala
    Heideck wrote: its sure that active emg are way better pick-ups. It's like going from minor league to major
    No, it's more like putting a race car engine in a 1996 Honda Civic. There's nicer guitars that deserve that kind of treatment.
    Sparda93
    azmully wrote: I have had one of these for a few years. Absolutely LOVE this guitar. I also have not found a need to change the pickups. Plays great, sounds great!. I did replace the pickguard, though after some of the silver wore off.
    Your specs say you have the EX model, which isn`t the same as EXZ
    Sparda93
    I`ve been looking to buy this guitar for months(i think) and just put it on my wishlist for christmas yesterday xD If you have Youtube, could you put some reviews on there? I LITERALLY can`t find any reviews with audio and video, so i would very much like a sound spec and the tone of the whole thing.
    lucas_2717
    i have the same guitar, i love it, but i'm thinking about change the pickups to emg 81/60, but im not sure about it
    Sparda93
    AlecBeretz wrote: guitar looks like a stratocaster had a son and it decided it wanted to be emo. it doesn't look hard core. it looks like its TRYING to be hardcore. meh.
    Guitars aren`t used for their looks, they`re produced for sound, not physical stimuli
    kayr
    this guitar look good, but feels and sounds cheap. the rosewood neck is scratchy and do some heavy bending and it will quickly wear down. the 5 ways selector and bits and parts on floating bridge and neck lock look very cheap and be short lived and the work craftmanship on it is awefull. I prefer RG350MZ and its maple neck and better sound any day(although most parts are common between the 2 guitars, but at least those cheap parts can be easily replaced)
    nick.shvets.93
    The sound is great, and the guitar looks very nice. There is an issue though. When i intonated it, the intonation screw from a saddle starded to scroll, now the thread is broken... I am thinking to repair the thread and to use a larger intonation screw, if that won't work i will buy a new bridge for 110$ on ebay. Edge Zero II.
    Heideck